Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

DragonWarrior: Legacy - Demo v2!

Slayerjerman
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
Finally got another DEMO done, has 4-player support!
Give it a go and let me know what you guys think.

Dragon Warrior: Legacy Home Page

DWL_006.jpg

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    me and a buddy tried this a lot and never had success getting into the game or cutting the sound off.
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you even bother to try TCP/IP connection type.

Sure is interesting how something non-3d sure gets ignored on the WIP board...heh
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    well I ignored it because I didnt want to choose any of the characters. how about some cool screenshots to convince us?
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    Hey slayer, i'll test it out when i get a friend online to play. It looks cool though! I like the classic Zelda look. smile.gif
  • Dark Bob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dark Bob polycounter lvl 18
    I would just like to say thank you for making this. After I got everything configured and got into the game it rocked. It brings back some memories. Any chance there will be a Mac version? So my brother and I can play. Kick ass job man, I book marked the homepage so I can keep up with this.
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hey slayer, i'll test it out when i get a friend online to play. It looks cool though! I like the classic Zelda look. smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean classic Dragon Warrior look don't you?
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys, I need the encouragement to continue working on it, so feedback is definitely needed.

DarkBob - Nope, it uses DirectX so you have to run it on a windows OS frown.gif So far I only tested it on win2k and winXP.

Final note, please use TCP/IP and not "LAN" when you start up a game. Ctrl brings up the command window to do actions in-game to talk, manage inventory, view status.

F1 brings up HELP info.
    smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I downloaded the MP version, but I don't have anyone to try it with yet. And while in the menus, I was unable to close the window.

I tried downloading the SP version, but the file was corrupted. Then I was unable to access your download page again. I'll try again later.

I was surprised you used GameMaker6. I found that application back in 2001 when it was version 3. Back then it was a pain to use and most of the games didn't work. It seems there's been many improvements, especially with DirectX and the ability to create 3d games...and games that actually run. I'll have to try it again.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Alright. I finally was able to download the SP Demo, but I'm not sure how to start a game. It asks me LAN or TCP/IP, but I'm told to install IPX for both, WTF? Why can't I just play it?
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Elysium, same problem here.
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah...im going to pull IPX support. EVERYONE seems to have that issue simply because they dont have the protocols installed. Also could be caused by your router/firewall.

I never said it was perfect smile.gif

And yeah, GM6 is awesome, great program and I love it.