Home General Discussion

mishra's story of the day (mild emo content)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Mishra polycounter lvl 18
so after 7th period, i waited outside of the classroom i had just left. when the girl i have a mild infatuation with left, i started the following conversation:

me: hey jessica, you doing anything after school?
jessica: yeah, i have to go to my grandmother's. why?
me: nothing just...
jessica: what?
me: movies.
jessica: maybe some other time.

now this has phased me somewhat, because seemingly whenever i ask a girl out (rare as that may be) i get turned down, or told "maybe later."

i was all moody in last period, and listened to interpol really loudly on the train. i may actually have suffered mild impairment.

my rationale for the situation? she wasn't right for me. lateley i've been evaluating my beliefs and experiences and have come to the conclusion there is a god. i've thought things and then had them come true less than 30 seconds after. i've begun praying nightly, mostly for the courage to ask this girl out, which i have. i believe god gave me the strength to ask her out, and face rejection.

meh, i'll find someone eventually, i'm only 16, it's not as if this girl is the only girl i will ever like in such a fashion.

then again i'll probably just call her tonight and see if she'd be up for anything tomorrow.

i dont see how this has anything to do with anything or is an open topic of conversation, but you're more than welcome to try.

Replies

• jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Rationale? Let me put it to you this way, man: You're a teenager.

I don't mean that in a negative way, nor as a dismissive thing. But I'm here to tell you, being 16 makes almost EVERYTHING take on a serious tone. If you are the conventional artist personality type, then getting turned down by a girl can lay you low for a good while, brain chemicals aside.

Sounds to me like you are in full teenagerhood, figuring life and stuff out and thinking deep thoughts. And really taking the girl stuff seriously. This is absolutely NORMAL. I know it doesn't make anything better, but there you go. By the time you reach 20, your entire outlook will have changed dramatically.

Advice on the girl: Do not give up. Keep on going after her in the most reasonable ways you can (i.e. don't be a creep or a stalker). BE YOURSELF. If she's gonna like you, she's gonna like you, and if not, you'll find another who does.

These may be trite sayings, but they are true.

/jzero
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah i know it's just teenage hormone stuff, which will not matter in a year when i'm out. it's just that it's a year then i'm out. all my friends will be in different schools, there will be dozens of friends i never even speak to again. i've done nothing with my social life all of highschool and i have stuff to make up for.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    no, you'll have the teenage hormones way into your mid 20's.

hey, she said "maybe some other time". that's better than "no". Try next weekend. And relax. Play it smooth. Think of what kind of movie she'll like. Then say, "hey, I'm going to see --insert specific cheesy chic flic-- this weekend, would you like to go with me". See that? You can make the act of "asking a girl out" into an actual friendly invitation. "movies" doesn't cut it. show her the intellectual side capable of more than one word sentences.

If she doesn't want to go because her dad owns several rifles, forget it...run. Wait til she goes to college. Other than that...everthing jzero said.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I'm not much older than you, so I have some advice coming from your point of view:

Fuck it. You're too young to waste a lot of your time or too much feelings on a woman unless she actually means something to you. Without trying to sound cocky, I have no problem getting women, and for some reason I chose this mediocre woman who ended up putting me through a lot of shit, until I opened my eyes. Also, try not to think with your penis. That bastard may seem harmless sometimes, but he can get you in some troubling situations.

Now I'm not saying don't go after women, but there's one key thing in my opinion. Just show them your true self, be yourself around them as friends, and if she shows some interest, then go after her, otherwise I wouldn't try too hard, because then it might come crashing down on you.

Good luck
  • Kevin Albers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Albers polycounter lvl 18
    You should congratulate yourself on working up the nerve to ask her out, and remember that you got a decent response. "Maybe some other time" is much better than some alternatives.

You did Great! Chill out and enjoy your weekend. smile.gif

By the way, I don't suggest calling her tonight. Give it a rest for now. She needs a bit of time to enjoy the fact that someone asked her out, and you don't want to come off like a stalker or needy.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm not much older than you, so I have some advice coming from your point of view:

Fuck it. You're too young to waste a lot of your time or too much feelings on a woman unless she actually means something to you. Without trying to sound cocky, I have no problem getting women, and for some reason I chose this mediocre woman who ended up putting me through a lot of shit, until I opened my eyes. Also, try not to think with your penis. That bastard may seem harmless sometimes, but he can get you in some troubling situations.

Now I'm not saying don't go after women, but there's one key thing in my opinion. Just show them your true self, be yourself around them as friends, and if she shows some interest, then go after her, otherwise I wouldn't try too hard, because then it might come crashing down on you.

Good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

totally.

i spoke to her friend today, she said that this girl is actually quite manipulative when it comes to guys. her last boyfriend was rich and apparently she's interested in him some. i don't see why they're apart though because he's blatantly interested in her.

i wasn't going to call her tonight anyway. this was more symbollic about me asking someone out than trying to get a date, as i am very shy.
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    Damn this whole time I thought you were a chick ...
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Damn this whole time I thought you were a chick ...

[/ QUOTE ]

why do people always say that when i use the name mishra? it's not a femenine name, it's a guy's name.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Perhaps because few people have played M:TG?
  • kleinluka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kleinluka polycounter lvl 18
    it sounds feminine to me, too :S
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    hey Mishra

Congrats for plucking up the courage to ask her out,thats always the hard bit but you always feel better for doing so.

Though I gotta say its scary how identical you sound to how iwas afew years ago...

i used to be exstremily shy,I asked my first girl out when i was 15 or so,she said yes,led me on,failed to tell me she had a boyfriend who concequenly threatened to beat the sh*t out of me....that dented my confidence with girls even further for a long long time.

Since then im now 18 and ive asked about 8 girls out since....been turned down by everyone of them and oviously ive been through the motions "is there soemthing wrong with me?","is it becuase im sterotyped as a "geek",becuase i sit on the computer alot of the time modleing for computer games and play them and I wear glasses?"..."is it becuase im somehow funny cos i can't dance or have any sense of rythem?" etc etc
    and yes it does get me down some of the time,especially when your on a train or your at a public place and yo usee couples together and when my mates are with there other halves it does make me think 'when will that happen to me?"

But ive concluded that when I meet my girl,it will be in a public place,a bar,a club,a gig most likely somewhere like that,that idea backed up just 2 nights ago after a Rammstein gig I went to,met a girl and her guy mate,who had also been to the gig...they were going the same way home as us so we all introduced I shook the guys hand,I shook the girls hand introduced myself and gave a smile,she smiled back and gave the most blantant wink ever....and I got chatting to the girl on the train home....just to end up doing a DAZ and failing to get her phone number frown.gif....

But anyway I wnat to become a game artist,what am I doing thinking about women,there no time for that kind of caper in the games industry is there? wink.gif

john
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Perhaps because few people have played M:TG?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's also a guy's name in india, it's a very common male name over there.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I think the reason the name could be mistaken as a female's name, is because it ends in an "A". Sorta like in the spanish langauge masculine ends with an "O", and Feminine ends with an "A". So if it was Mishro, then perhaps people would have less trouble trying to decide.

Though I never assumed you were a chick, mostly because of it being at this message board, if you're a member here I will automatically assume you're a guy until I read or see proof that you're not.