Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

skin shader

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
been working on this skin shader for a little while.. i am taking a bit of a differnt approach.. most people i see using the max 7 skin shader use it like a standard shader and put the colors they want the face to be in the overall diffuse slot.. i did this at first and the results were okay but there were certain things i didnt like about it because the certain things change at difffent angles on the face like the darkness of the pores.. they are not always black, light gets in there and bounces around making them unnoticable from certain angles.. so i decided to control the color with the subdermal layers using maps.. so the top layer i painted to look more like zombie so the red layers beneth would bleed through causing the red tones.. i have only painted the top layer and am only simulating the other layer with colors.. it is still very much a work in progress as i plan to do more work on the top layer and actually paint the other layers and not just use flat colors.. here is a shot of the head so far and a flat of the epidermal(top) layer..

head.jpg

colormap.jpg

Replies