Home Technical Talk

A few questions :)

Tahai
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Tahai polycounter lvl 18
hey guys, im new to the forum and was wondering if ne1 mite b able to help me out...

i am currently using 3ds max version 6 to model content for a 2d free-source mmorpg. while having fun and learning alot along the way, i inevitably have become stuck a number of times and have used tutorials to help me through.

however there are 2 things im struggling with at the moment and would like some insight from others wink.gif

first of all, i am struggling to find help/tutorials with character "rigging" (at least thats what i think its called?) i have a model i would like to position in various poses and was wonderin if bones/biped is the best way to go about this, and if so, are there any good beginners tutorials out ther? here is a picture of my model (no teasing! im new! grin.gif)

http://img171.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img171&image=Monster.jpg

the second problem im having is- the pre-rendered content for the game is in 256 colours. most of the objects i render import without too much colour/quality loss but an ideal solution would be for 3ds max to render using the games default pallette. is this possible?

any feedback greatly apreciated on how i can improve my model tongue.gif

Replies