Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cindred - Cinder Skin [WIP]

Hooker with a Penis
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Hooker with a Penis polycounter lvl 18
Who doesn't like cheesy plays on names? If you don't, I'll flog you. Or I won't flog you. Depends on whether or not you'll enjoy it. Anyways, picture:

cindhead_05.jpg

Like I said, work in progress, so if you have any comments and critique within reason (e.g., "I believe the edges of the lips could be sharpened and some highlights could be added around <point A>"- not "IT SUX OMG HAX I ROK COK N U DONT OMG HAX!!1ONEHUNDREDELEVEN") I'll consider'em and include'em as I go (if I feel they're good ideas, anyway).

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    OMGHAXWATF

Possibly you should work at 256x256... you don't seem to be pulling any extra detail out of this size texture. Anyway, everyone loves retro.
    Also, the eye whites are too white, and the lines around his eyes (the upper eyelid and upper half of the eyelashes) should be darker and more defined, I reckon.

Looks pretty good so far though.
  • Crylar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crylar polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe the blue light near the ear shouldn't make the red look so blue, just make it lighter. Just a thought.
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    The face is very flat at the moment mainly due to a lack of strong shading under the brow and under the eyes. Punch this up to help give it more depth.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    the tech bits are nice, but you're suffering a bit from skinner's disease, in that you're treating everything as almost seperate little detail areas. the earplate things are a good example--you've got the blue glowy things down low, the vent things on the high side, and on the flat part 3 non descript holes. taken individually they're nice little details but you need to stand back and look at the piece as a whole; they're not cohesive. try to sketch out a more 'together' looking design for the helmet and then approach detailing it. repeat that blue grill on the other side or make it bigger, and make the three holes on the flat part larger and more prominent. but it's looking good so far, keep it up.
  • Malengine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malengine polycounter lvl 18
    Hey man, that's awesome! Got some good crits already from some great artists, so there's nothing I can really add. It's cool to see someone pick this up again and slap a new skin on there. Keep up the good work Mr. Cower.