Home General Discussion

Max used on TVs "Las Vegas"

blow-n-up
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
blow-n-up polycounter lvl 18
first off let me state that i was not watching "las Vegas". i was workin on a model when my girl friend told me to check out the tv, knowing that i hate it when tv shows use models or programs to "calculate trajectory" and magicly solve a crime. When i turned around and looked at the tv i saw a model of a vegas hotel and a short fly through to show trajectory of a shot through the window. the surprising part was that they didnt even bother to render it out of the max interface. i guess they thought the navigations would make it look like some advanced police program to the untrained eye. Well i just thought it was one of the funniest things ive seen on tv yet. just wanted to know if anyone else saw it?

Replies

• KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    No, I didn't see it (don't watch the show), but I love it when they do stuff like this. Especially when they're trying to virtually reconstruct a crime scene or something, and with just a few short key strokes, voila, they're done! They have a prefect model of a specific warehouse, or apartment, by just typing in a few commands. Maybe the police have a model of every single building in their jurisdiction on file.
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tubboy polycounter lvl 18
    I belive it. They've also done the same thing in "Tru calling"
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I was watching Jurassic Park yesterday, and the fat techy guy who uses a Mac is supposedly having a video conversation with a guy on the screen... but the guy on the screen is just a Quicktime movie being played back, you can even see the progress bar along the time slider at the bottom of the video player. Heh.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    MoP, that's because the Macs in J-Park were the kickin' 25MhZ Quadra 700s!

/jzero