Home General Discussion

U paint works!

frosty
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
frosty polycounter lvl 18

U paint works fine on my new pc at work! Woot! So move over texture skinners here I come. 2005 should be a great year for me to do a few UT skins, as I understand it, UT2003 default model skins will still work fine in 2004.

See you Guys.

f.

Replies

• Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    I suppose this is the part where you figure out that UPaint is one crashy piece of software. tongue.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    good luck dude. i still prefer photoshop for all my image editing needs. painting on a 3d model has it's limitations. I tried it in the Bodypaint3D demo.

remember: avoid the dodge and burn tools. play with color.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually it seems fairly stable, prolly the cd was a bit dirty too and that is why it would not install at home.

Ely, I will still use PS to edit and paint too, just nice that I got it working and can hopefully get back to skinning again like the good old days of Unrealtournament.
    I hear ya on dodge and burn, attempting to just stay with a medium color range, no black or white extremes and lots of pre-sketching ideas. smile.gif
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey its me again, Upaint is pretty scarce for editing, will stick with PS, but looks mighty easy to get it in game, two 1024 x 1024 textures, crap should have been doing this two yrs ago!

Any suggested models I should skin?
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heaven help you guys, I got my first beta skin into UT2003 today.

I am working on a complete skin for the Male Juggernaut, sheesh, it's hard work, I forgot how hard it is to do a detailed skin like that!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Keep at it, man! Haven't seen your stuff in a while smile.gif