Home General Discussion

Another pro sport, another exclusive deal....

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
bearkub polycounter lvl 18
Major League Baseball and Take-Two interactive join hands in and exclusive deal:

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=22779

Now then, who is the NBA gonna sign with?

Replies

• TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I'll be more interested in who takes the NHL license smile.gif
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    if the NHL signs with anyone, the virtual players will get more time on the ice than the real ones right now. wink.gif

I was wondering if this will seep out into more international sports like FIFA.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I just finished a deal that grants me exclusive rights to the Professional Bowlers Association. From now on the bowling video game market will rise to new heights. You'll no longer have to be a professional athlete to experience the true thrill of bowling.
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    I have the exclusive rights to Curling!
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    Here's an interesting twist...

- Nintendo has announced a first-person baseball game called Pennant Chase Baseball, to be released for GameCube on April 4th. The game will feature all 30 of the actual Major League Baseball parks, with a roster of players drawn from the current league. Since Nintendo is a console manufacturer and the game will be published by them as a first-party, Pennant Chase Baseball will not fall afoul of Take Two's recent MLB exclusivity license for third-party baseball games. The game will be co-developed with Exile Interactive, prevously creators of World Series Baseball 2K3 for Sega.

I think Take Two needs to hire better lawyers.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I think TT couldn't get a complete exclusive license because Nintendo already had that deal going. 4th April sounds like it's been in development for some time now.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    As far as I see it, its not to stop other companies making MLB games, its just to stop EA making them.