Home General Discussion

I think my ex is trying to kill me

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
TechSmith polycounter lvl 18
A while back I found some strange flakey stuff in my coffee grounds and couldn't figure out what it was. I tossed the coffee. I then found the same stuff in my peanut butter, tossed that. Now it's in my bottle of advil. Got smarter and more suspicious and kept it. Today I found a box of rat poison in my ex girlfriends van. The stuff poison looks exactly like the stuff I found in my coffee, peanut butter, and advil. To top it off one block is missing. I know there isn't a rodent problem where she lives. this brings me to the conclusion that she's trying to kill me. I know she wants the children back but I didn't think she would go this far.

My question for everybody is where do I go with the stuff in my advil bottle? I would love to get it tested.

Replies

• tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    Go to the police, it may not be true, but it may not be your ex either.

Be careful anyway, better to be extreemly paranoid than dead. Even though it sounds mad that kind of thing does actually happen. If you dont have any luck about analysis mail me and i can give you the address of some commercial labs.

tpe
  • Hooker with a Penis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hooker with a Penis polycounter lvl 18
    Police. Now. Go.

Better safe than sorry, and you'll be damn sorry if you're dead.
  • Crash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crash polycounter lvl 18
    DO IT! DO IT! DO IT NOW!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    That's just fucking scary. Go to the police. Or see if you can find anyone who's friends with a chemist.
  • joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    Drop whatever you're doing and proceed to the nearest police station. Suspend your disbelief. You're not paranoid- you've come to a perfectly reasonable conclusion. And remember- Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned.
  • Cannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cannon polycounter lvl 18
    Wow this is freakin nuts. Go to the cops, I can't believe you came here first.
  • TechSmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK guys I've talked to the police now and I'm taking the stuff in to get tested tomorrow. The police want to wait for the test results before even looking into it.

This isn't the first time she's gone crazy and tried stuff like this. She's (falsley) reported me to the police for abusing her and the children. She's gotten me fired from jobs, and she even tried to set my apartment on fire. Forgot, she also got my gas shut off in the middle of winter once.

I can't wait till Barb, the kids, and I move to Seattle and get away from this crazy woman.

Cannon, You obviously haven't dealt with the police in my area. In all the above situations the police were involved and nothing ever came of it. I've basicly given ip on police help and just live a slightly paranoid life.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Sounds like a severe nutcase. I hope she gets caught and prevented from trying stuff like this... just crazy.
  • Cannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cannon polycounter lvl 18
    Sorry if I seemed hasty, i've lived near cops all my life and it seems almost as if they have too much of a presence in my life wink.gif
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

I can't wait till Barb, the kids, and I move to Seattle and get away from this crazy woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope that is far enough confused.gif
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

Cannon, You obviously haven't dealt with the police in my area. In all the above situations the police were involved and nothing ever came of it. I've basicly given ip on police help and just live a slightly paranoid life.

[/ QUOTE ]

isnt that how it is everywhere?
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Holy shit. Don't die dude. Put the bitch behind bars.

Lesson for all: don't date psycho chicks.
  • ryan77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ryan77 polycounter lvl 18
    Wow i thought that was a joke at first. I thought I had dated crazy women...

I am truly sorry you have to deal with something like this. I hope the tests come up with something and some sort of restraining order is set into place or your ex gets some sort of close therapy. Good luck with the move.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Can you add a line to your deathwish that your ex shall never, not if you die, not if hell freezes over, get your children?

EDIT: Just so you can tell her that killing you won't solve her problem?

Though you might have a reason to sleep with a gun under your pillow now...
  • TechSmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The funny thing about all this is, it's going to get worse soon. I'm taking her to court soon for full legal custody of the children. She's going to redouble her efforts then.
    Elysium I don't even care if she's in jail. Just by living like she is, it's punishment enough. She's basicly been homeless for 2 years now. She just got a place but now can't make rent because she won't go to work. She left the kids and I about 4 years ago and her life has been getting steadily worse. She is her own worst enemy and will probably end up killing herself, or being killed by someone else.

Thankfully she's the most inept person I've ever met , so I'm not too worried about her ability to take me out.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    that's a terrible story! tech, my heart really goes out to ya man. i wish you the best of luck and hope to hell you find a resolution quickly. there's no possible way i could give any sort of insight into that situation...
  • TechSmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks John. Don't worry, I don't need advice on this on. I'm getting the stuff analyzed, and if it is rat poison then the police will take notice. My plan is to keep living like I am and not let her know that I figured out what's going on. Maybe she'll try again and I can get more evidence. Either way I'll be careful.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Well, I once had a crazy ex-gf that did very creepy things. I remember one night hearing her scream "I HATE YOU IM GOING TO KILL YOU!" Then lunge at me and bite me... lol... You gotta admit that's pretty damn funny (not your case).

Anyways, I just filed a police report, and told her, "I got witnesses, you fuck with me over the next 5 years and I'll press charges." She's left me alone since then.

If you need more evidence, just have a friend with you a lot. He can be your witness for everything that happens.

**EDIT**

Wow I just read the post before your last one, and I can sympathize with you, I really can. My ex was one of those people that needed someone to tell her not to do stupid shit, or else she'd do it. Ever since we've broke up, she's become a drunk and started smokin lots of weed and just keeps messin things up more and more. She always tries to talk to me and say she hates the person she's become.
  • ndcv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ndcv polycounter lvl 18
    Damn, I feel sorry for you and the kids, tech. I feel sorry for her too - I mean at least you can get away from her, but in her case... wherever she goes, there she is frown.gif

Anyhow good luck getting this taken care of man, stay safe, and get yer butt out here to Seattle!
  • TechSmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks how I feel about it too, Andy. It's a bit sad for really, and very sad for the childrens half brother, that still lives with her.

On to the frustrating news. I called the police and asked where to get this stuff analyzed. They said call the hospital. The Hospital said call poison control hotline. Poison control says contact your local health department. My local health department said "Sorry, we don't do that unless the product came from a store contaminated". So it looks like I'm back at square one.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I guess my ex-aunt is nothing compared to that, though my uncle is strangely attracted to insane artists.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    TechSmith: Dude. I'm sending out the positive waves for you on this one.

If the cops won't help, then you need to get another authority involved. My first choice would be Child Protective Services. Actually, that agency may be exclusive to Texas, I don't know. But it's the agency that calls the cops on you if they figure out you're abusing your kids. I know that CPS has a bad rep for not getting things done (and my personal experience doesn't discredit that), but it's worth a shot, esp if you know your crazy ex is out to get you.

Basically, if you can get a competent CPS caseworker interested in your kids' welfare, then you might be able to get the police to take an interest. If CPS thinks the kids are in danger, the cops may notice. At the very least, when it comes time for the court hearing you'll be able to say that your ex has been investigated by CPS, that never looks good. But don't expect much.

You can hire a private testing service to test the stuff. It may be expensive, but so are funerals, right?

But here's a low-cost test you can try on the suspected rat poison. I know it's unethical, but you could go to the pet store and buy a single white mouse. Feed it the suspected stuff. If it dies, well...

/jzero
  • MacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MacD polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe you can go to your local university with a chemistry department and get a professor to help you out? Even highschool-chem teachers should be able to do some basic tests.

Best of luck to you.
  • TechSmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J, I'm so familiar with CPS it's ridiculous. I'm now on a first name basis with most of the caseworkers there. They even think my Ex is crazy. I'll talk to them after I make a police report. I just got a call from my local health department and they said they would make an exception if I have a police report. Things are looking up again smile.gif

Thanks for the advice Macd, but I work at the local university and I know they won't do this for me.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    The thing is, if that is poison in your food, she's also putting the kids at risk. Should be an easy custody case in court. The girl is dangerous, and needs help.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Tech, maybe call some private investigation firms. They might know where to get that stuff tested.

The problem you might run into as its crossing my own mind is the following.

How did she get ahold of these food items if she lives separately from you? How could she be sure her own children wouldn't be accidently poisoned (the peanut butter in example)? How can you prove you purposely aren't trying to falsely accuse her (Ie you put the poison in yourself). The other items you had, you threw out. Whos to say you never had such items originally?

I know these seem harsh, but this is exactly what you would encounter upon cross-examination.
  • TechSmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've already thought about that, and that's why I don't think the police are going to be able to help me. I can't prove she put the stuff in there. This however, may make her think twice before trying it again with something less obvious. It would be a bit incriminating if she actually succeedded after or during the investigation.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18

Goodluck Tech, weird stuff, watch them dark alleys and dark parking lots, really, knew a mate in school who’s ex hit him with a crow-bar at Walmart aprkign lot.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Daaaaamn dude, I'm rooting for you. Actually, I'm rooting for your children. The irresponsible bitch will get whats coming to her. Keep us posted.. and stay safe.
  • blow-n-up
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blow-n-up polycounter lvl 18
    wow, this is the crazyest thing ive ever read. im pulling for you as well and hope you get justice.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    don't get carried away, its not like he even knows for sure, its a hunch he has, but so far seems to early to me to be pointing fingers. get a lab to look into it and move from there,
  • TechSmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's not exactly a hunch since I found the rat poison in her van. It's actually poisoned bait blocks. The stuff I found looks exactly like crumbled bait block. as soon as I can grab a block I'm sending the contaminated products and the block in. I'll update when I get the results.
  • Kevin Albers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Albers polycounter lvl 18
    I think you should also get a restraining order, so she can't get near you or the children.

Be sure and document as much as possible about this situation (and similar ones). Keep the documentation in case you need it later.

Moving sounds like a good deal. The government won't be able to help you if you end up dead, and crazy ex's are less likely to come mess with you if you are far far away.

Good luck. Crazy bad situation indeedy.
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    TechSmith If you haven't done so already start documenting eveything. Take notes, take pictures -if you don't have a camera buy one of those cheapo disposeables(film is better than digital). Write down when you found it, where, in your own handwriting. When she came by... etc. It may not sound like much but when you are standing before a JP it's her word against yours, but if you have documented information it will be a big plus for you.

Good luck to you and your kids.
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    I jsut saw this now. I'm glad you caught on to the strange things that were going on. Keep safe!
  • TechSmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't worry guys, things are in motion now. I've made a police report and talked with my lawyer. We're now gathering evidence. Funny thing about the police station visit. It seems the officer that was interviewing me had many previous dealings with my ex and her boyfriend. Not pleasant ones either. He seemed skeptical until he realised who she is. She makes a lasting (bad)impression on everyone she meets.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    good good good. Wish more guys were as lucky. I was just told of a story about a guy who's dating someone in my distant family. His ex-wife somehow set up a camera in his place, and had a 16 yr old girl walk in as he was getting out of the shower. Since then she's been planting the image around his home and work life. His daughter is staying with him, and I believe she's doing it to get her daughter back even tho he's putting her through college, and his ex-wife can't. So now police are getting involved and his life is comepletely wrecked. And he's actually a nice guy too. There are some psycho bitches out there practically getting away with murder.

Glad you're still alive.
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm.. I'm moving to Indiana this summer, and I see thats where your from. Perhaps I should be weary.

I had gone through this with my last GF as well. She kept telling her new boyfriends that I abused her and such, and they have made several violent threats, broken into my car and stolen the stereo, had the police called on me several times.

I filed for a restraining order, and befriended one of her ex boyfriends who defended me against the allegations in court. All was won, and I hav'nt seen the bitch in 2 years.

Make sure you take lots of dated pictures. If you have a digicam handy with a timestamp feature, make use of it. If you find some evidence, dont touch it, just take a picture and call the cops. I would also make a point to eat outside your home, and go through everything consumable you have and throw it out just in case. Good luck with this.
  • moose
  • Conor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Conor polycounter lvl 18
    Feed the suspicious substance to a rat. If it dies, it may have been rat poison.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    TechSmith : Good news. Also particularly satisfying to me in proving my philosophy that people who live crazy-negative lives eventually run themselves into the ground. They make their own doom. Good luck!

/jzero
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    TechSmith : Good news. Also particularly satisfying to me in proving my philosophy that people who live crazy-negative lives eventually run themselves into the ground. They make their own doom. Good luck!

/jzero

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunatly with people like that, when they do fail they tend to need to blame their failer on someone else. They could not possibly be the cause of their own misfortune. And that's when the shit starts.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Uhh, this may sound like a silly question, but have you changed your locks? If you have not, it's easy access for her, and you could be putting yourself and your kids at risk. Seriously, call a locksmith if you haven't.
  • TechSmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett, she blames me for her problems, so getting rid of me gets rid of them.

Ryno, Just got the new lock set. Installing them on monday.
  • JohnMagee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That definitely does not sound like something you should be eating!
  • nightshade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    holy necro-post batman!!!
  • Simmo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Simmo polycounter lvl 12
    Wow

now that's a necro, lol
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    wow great thread even though its a 9 year necro maybe we can get tech on here for some closure.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Yeah, you couldn't find a more interesting thread to bump.
  • MeshModeler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeshModeler polycounter lvl 11
This discussion has been closed.