Home General Discussion

That was close...too close.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
On saturdays, my girl and I spend a little time together, dinner and a movie type thing, to relax from the work and school weekday stress. Today we decided to catch a movie...an early showing in fact. Cheaper that way. Then a quick luck at a local pub.

After that, my plan was to sit my ass right here and do some hardcore XSI tutorial studying. No more than 5 minutes after walking in the door from our lunch, I hear an explosion from my computer room, and a loud noise similar to TV static. I run in to find the wall behind my computer desk soaked and dripping with water.

A pipe leading from my water heater had busted right behind the wall that my computer case sits up against. I push the power to the case, quickly unplug everything, and move each component to the other side of the room. Then I run outside to find the water valve under the house. After waiting several hours, drying the carpet, and replacing some pipes, everything seems to be ok.

It's hardly been a week since I built this PC. I'm still working on it, and I have no money to replace any parts. Some pieces of my speaker system were wet, but still work fine. If I hadn't been here at the moment this happened, I would have lost it and possibly more. I'm not sure whether this was good luck or bad...but I guess it could have been much worse. Anyone know that feeling?

I guess tomorrow is still another day, to make up for lost time.

Replies