Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Animation WIP Test

artgoon
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
artgoon polycounter lvl 18
Due early early early early Monday(aka Sunday)

Tell me what you think. Poop might recognize the model slightly. wink.gif
Linkie link

Replies

• poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Hey, I know that guy!

Looking sweet man, I love the animation.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    yeah I really like it, nice work! only thing that sticks out to me to crit is something funny appears to happen with the guy who collapses' belly when he slouches. strong animation though, the exaggerated anticipation gives a good sense of weight, and the attacker has a nice cocky attitude at the end laugh.gif
  • e_x
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    e_x polycounter lvl 18
    that first step is way off balance. he looks like he's about to fall over before his leg moves. and don't just slide the feet, bring them up and down some, then heel to toe them to plant. move the left foot first. moving your back foot is a little unnatural. Best thing to do is stand up and act it out, it will help a lot.

You can hold him in his down position right before he punches the guy just a little bit longer, give him more anticipation. coming down from the top looks good though, the punch is nice.

the pose he's in while he's walking is a little odd looking, not very dynamic, might just be the camera angle though.

I wouldn't bring the second guy's head up before it gets chopped off. He just got rocked by one hell of a punch, not sure he'll be standing up to take another. and if you make him stand up as his head is getting chopped off, you'll get a little better transfer of weight, and a better motion I think. Good anticipation on the wind-up head chop and good aiming with the wrist blade thing. you could maybe add a little more dynamic follow through pose too. the follow through of the right arm after the slice is a little floaty too. the arm slows down too much. make it more crisp.

Oh yeah, the motion blur is a bit much. if it's for an animation test, I would lose it if possible. it hides the action too much and is a little distracting.

Nice work, can be a lot better though, keep at it.
  • artgoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artgoon polycounter lvl 18
    Wow e_x thanks for the excellent critique! You too rooster.

Updated
    Super Link of links
    Crap, Poop knows...
  • IceWolve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IceWolve polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm the attacks feet have 2 problems, the first when he hits the guy and bends down, it looks like he broke his own ankle, you should have his foot bend at the toe area when it lands, not have him land flat on both feet. And when he cuts the guy when his back is facing him his foot clips throu the floor. The guy that dies his feet just clip throu when he falls over.

Overall its a pretty cool animation and i like the model and the way the attacker acts. Those small things i mentioned above are just noticable to me... (its the small things that get to me D: maybe why i almost never finish a model..)