Home General Discussion

i love tim burton

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
this looks like it might make up for how crappy charlie and the chocolat factory looks.. http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/corpse_bride/

Replies

• skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skrubbles polycounter lvl 18
    are you kidding me? If you like Tim Burton you should appreciate Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The film looks like its gonna be hilariously awesome and cheesy smile.gif I didn't even know about the Corpse Bride until now, so thanks for the link... can't wait to see that one as well.

If any of you haven't seen the trailer for Charlie and the Chocolate factory yet, check it out:
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/charliechocolatefactory/
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    remakes stink. perhaps they should try and make up their own stories and not steal ideas from yesterday.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Excellent! Looking forward to it! smile.gif
  • JonMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonMurphy polycounter lvl 18
    Ruz - is it a remake, or a re-imagining? tongue.gif

Not remaking the Gene Wilder film, re-adapting the original children's book

Corpse Bride looks fun, and has taken me by surprise. How busy are Tim Burton and Jonny Depp these days?
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skrubbles polycounter lvl 18
    JonMurphy's right, the film is suppose to be more like the book... its not a remake of the older film (which is great as well).

Maybe its just me, but I like wierd movies and this one looks like it'll make me happy.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Ruz - is it a remake, or a re-imagining?

Either way , remakes never capture the feeling of the original. I think there is a bit of a dependency on the past. Whats wrong with the future? I grew up in the seventies , but was already looking forward to the eighties
    and beyond.
    anyhow not a huge fan of tim burton or films in general
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Either way , remakes never capture the feeling of the original. I think there is a bit of a dependency on the past. Whats wrong with the future? I grew up in the seventies , but was already looking forward to the eighties
    and beyond.

[/ QUOTE ]

IT'S NOT A REMAKE! That's like calling the new "War of the Worlds" movie a remake of the film that was made in the 1950s. They are both based on the same piece of literature; they are not "remakes." Of course it isn't going to capture the feeling of the "original," because it has absolutely nothing to do with the original; the person who wrote the screenplay for this new film never even saw the Willy Wonka film, until after he wrote the new movie. It's based on the children's book.

I loved "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" (particularly for Wilder's performance), but that doesn't mean I'm going to dismiss this new movie, or go in with any preconceived expectations. I think Burton's style will fit perfectly with this story.

Anyway, back on topic, this "Corpse Bride" is supposed to be claymation type stuff like The Nightmare before Christmas, right? Sounds, cool, but I can't watch the trailer at the moment since I'm d/l something that's kind of important. I'll be sure to check it out as soon as my d/l is done smile.gif.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    well like it or not, the film of willie wonka starring gene wilder in most peoples minds 'does' define willie wonka, so you can quite easily argue that it is a remake.
    I am fully aware that it was a childrens book by roald dahl

'the person who wrote the screenplay for this new film never even saw the Willy Wonka film'

yeah, like I believe that.It's a classic 60's film. Did he grow up on a desert island i wonder?

hmm corpse bride, sounds unbutterly charming.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    as far as i know i've never seen willy wonka :P
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    'the person who wrote the screenplay for this new film never even saw the Willy Wonka film'

yeah, like I believe that.It's a classic 60's film. Did he grow up on a desert island i wonder?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's what he claims. He was born in the 70s, but then again, I was born in the mid 80s and Willy Wonka would still probably make it on my 10 favorite movies of all time list (well... maybe top 20... I hate stupid 'favorite movie' lists anyway, because there are too many good movies frown.gif).

Now that I've finally watched the Corpse Bride trailer, I'm not sure what I think of the movie, but the animation looks awesome. Does anyone know if there was actually any stop-motion animation involved, because it almost looks too perfect to me, as if it were completely CG.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    I want to know what studio is doing the Corpse Bride. I'm real excited about that movie.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, I had seen this movie listed at IMDB ages ago, but never really looked into it because there really was no info on it at that time.

This looks like it's going to be a really good one. Definently has that Tim Burton flare to it.