Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Trying some more anatomy stuff

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
Been trying some modeling again , the mesh for this is quite a mess , but im probly gona remake it ... maybe paying more attention to muscle groups. for now i thought i would post this as a WIP

mbod1.jpg

Maybe ill get cheap alert to make him a cock :P

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, especially the ribcage area looks messy as if you knew what had to be there and roughly how it looks but didn't look up any reference, from the little your lighting setup reveals the ribs seem over-emphasized and the sixpack is defined too sharply. the rear side of the legs looks like a complete mess as well, remember that not all muscles show through the skin and it takes a certain muscle mass for them to show through because the skin doesn't tightly follow the muscle contours but is pretty loose and usually has some fat under it.
    The muscle distribution is pretty uneven, the upper torso looks pretty muscular while especially the legs look more anorexic than muscular. Such a muscular guy wouldn't have his ribs show through whioch makes them look more like skin folds because of fat than actual bones.
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    Nice, very nice. I haven't tackled anything this....naked....yet. The upper spine has an odd crease in it, and the bottom of the shins (junction with the foot) looks odd from the front - no instep. It's a damn sight more advanced than anything I've got, but I have done my share of life drawing classes.
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    pretty much all the points KDR says is the reasons i need to remake this , i started this a few months back making buscles directy acording to my anatomy book , this is why alot of the muscles in the legs and chest look a mess, they probly wouldnt show through ... im not sure , but i think the shoulders are too wide??
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Yep, the shoulder joints seem to be too far away from the torso.
  • Wrath
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wrath polycounter lvl 18
    The clavical and pecs are pretty close...everything else is pretty far off. You need to get some reference to work from.