Home General Discussion

I'm so pissed at TechTV/G4, man!

sal_manilla
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
I finally got invited to play a game with their LAN party. They said Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat so I applied and got an e-mail today.
I find the server and can't get in. Not only did they not have a DC map they weren't even running Desert Combat! These are tech heads. Ya'd think they could get the right gotdam game up wouldn'tcha? mad.gif

Replies

• MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    I didnt know that they still did the lan thing after moving to L.A (although i watched the new TSS for about 30 minutes before becoming too anoyed) but given the current state of that station it should be expected.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    havent watched it since the merger(takeover)...

because i knew it would turn to shit like this
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    I happened to watch the first half of the show today (which I rarely do anymore, since the show does indeed suck now), and Kevin Rose said they had some problems with the server when they tried to run DC, so they ended up running regular BF1942 instead of the Desert Combat mod. You need BF1942 to run DC, so you still should've been able to join.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    That reminds me...I need to download DC. It's been a while. I tried BF Pirates, but that's no so great atm. We need to get a DC game going here.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Keyser: I didn't have the Battle of Brittain map. I went to download the DC version and then found out they weren't running Desert Combat at all. I was so pissed at that point I didn't give a crap and said f*&% it!! It's a shame 'cause the server was never full so I could've gotten in.

BTW: I love your avatar. It reminds me of what I see on a real bright day then walk into a movie theatre 'er sumpin'. Kinda of a lingering glow in my eyeball. smile.gif
  • Asherr
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    EVERYBODY LOVES HYPNOTOAD!

Yes, it's Hypnotoad from Futurama. I have an animated gif I made that I use as my sig on some forums:

hypnotoad.gif
    EVERYBODY LOVES HYPNOTOAD!

[edit]I know what you mean about the light thing though. It also reminds me of something I remember doing as a kid. I would close my eyes for a long time, and if I pressed my eyelids closed real hard, I would start to see a ring of color that would change colors. I guess that sounds weird, but I can still do it. I start to see all sorts of weird colors and shapes. It's almost like one of those winamp visualizations, but the colors and shapes aren't as defined.