Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First work at polycount Wip (big Dl)

Ramucho
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
Hi there,
Been lurking around here for a lot of time and I'm starting to be addicted to the #model_design irc chan grin.gif
Actually I'm Studying Computer Graphics in Nice (France) and I'm planning to turn pro (I really hope crazy.gif ) in the next three years. So please help me with your crits wink.gif
So this a work I'm doing for a new emergent indie team (SLEDGE HAMMER PRODUCTION). I have a 3000 tris polylimit and I'm around 2900 (but hands need to be redone). Still a work in progress bu I must finish it as soon as possible maybe tomorrow (only modeling).

Ok, here are the pics:

Perspective views:

perspectivefrontback1de.jpg

Perspective views wires:

perspectivefrontbackwires3tu.jpg

Front Side views:
frontside4uz.jpg

Front Side views Wires:

frontsidewires4dv.jpg

and finally References (by Matthew Tappia):

reference6ix.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Cheers!

Replies

• MacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MacD polycounter lvl 18
    Heh...extra limbs really take out of the polybudget, don't they? smile.gif

I think the concept is quite interesting...looks a bit like Antz smile.gif As for the model itself: you might want to add an extra edgeloop where the legs meet the torso: it would make for better deformation during animation.
  • Faucet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Faucet polycounter lvl 18
    I love the character and the execution! Very nice!
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    really like the look and feel of this one, my only crit would be his centre of gravity seems to be off balance to the back, but you can fix that once its rigged. cool stuff!
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    really like the look and feel of this one, my only crit would be his centre of gravity seems to be off balance to the back, but you can fix that once its rigged. cool stuff!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exspecially the feet look odd, due to the stuff mentioned above.
    I would advise modeling in a pose that is physicly working, instead of fixing it later with the animations, though.
    It will be easier to get it look right.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    cool! the lower body/legs seem too short though. It is some alien humanoid thing, but i think to be a little bit more believable, the lower body should be as long, if not longer than the upper body (waist down => waist up).

i agree with the comments on the feet as well, it doesnt feel "grounded," could use a little more stability, even if its supposed to be a frail, clumsy creature.

nice mesh, maybe try and tweak up the front sillouette? the side sillouette is pretty strong, but from the front its rather boring.
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    Nice poly distribution, clean mesh and design.

Reminds me a little of a mutant Monte Burns laugh.gif