Home General Discussion

Do you think your grandmother can breast feed?....

NoSeRider
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
NoSeRider polycounter lvl 18
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6835044/

Eeesh...what? Is she nutz? Do you have to be crazy to want kids?

Replies

• Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    By the time that kid's ten years old, mom will be the one wearing the nappy (diaper). Talk about selfish and irresponsible.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    i really feel sorry for the kid , most of us dont like the idea of our parents dieing before we are in our mid 20s.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Well, it's not that selfish. Pretty much the point of human existence is to procreate. Yeah, it's pretty weird that someone this old is becoming a parent for the first time, but who are you to deny her that basic human function? She might be the best mother in the world, and if she's physically and mentally stable until the age of about 80-85 (my grandmother was fine at that age, she's still going strong at 94), then that's old enough for the kid to look after itself.
    She might have a younger friend who's offered to look after the kid after a certain age anyway.
    Personally it makes me feel a little sorry for the child, but if the woman believes she can cope with it (and it's probably something she's wanted more than half her life), then I don't have a problem with that. Any of you have kids?

MoP
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    anyway, even when that kid's still really young, the mother will be dead easy to beat at Tekken
  • ndcv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ndcv polycounter lvl 18
    MoP - did you see that she is well beyond menopause? She was fertilised using egg and sperm donors. She was actually pregnant with twins, one of whom was stillborn. The baby that survived is tiny (3 lbs 3 oz), in an incubator, being fed glucose right now. Preemie babies are set up for all sorts of trouble in life - they might end up being fine, but they stand a much higher chance of having all sorts of health problems. And there's very little chance she ever could have had a healthy, full-term child -- even just after age 35, the chances of having a healthy normal kid go down dramatically, and continue going down as the woman gets older. Her doctors knew this, and I have no doubt they fully informed her of this as well.

I do have two kids (not that that changes anything) and I find this very selfish. It's not a "basic human function" to be implanted with a fertilized donor egg years after you've gone through menopause. As I see it, she's knowingly gone forward creating a child that has a very high chance of being permanently messed up, just to satisfy her own need to be a mother.
  • TNSLB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TNSLB polycounter lvl 18
    She was ACTUALLY pregnant with triplets. She lost one at 9 or 10 weeks. They did the c-section this week as the 2nd one died.

Her saving grace as far as I'm concerned is she IS educated, and does have a good job as a professor. She's not some crazy welfare crack addict woman exercising her 'god given right to be a mom'.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    Careful what you say about my wife, Tins :|
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'd hit it.

[/ QUOTE ]