Home General Discussion

Leo FINALLY gets his reward

tubboy
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
tubboy polycounter lvl 18
No it’s not the reward we all probably wish but this movie certainly delivered a hell of a show. Certainly a step up in his career. Let’s hope it stays that way. http://et.tv.yahoo.com/micro/globes2005/2005/01/16/goldenglobes2005wrapup/

Replies

• Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    i thought you were talking about leo laporte for a second. frown.gif
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    There was a time when the "best actor" went to the best actor. Sometimes they get it right...sometimes.
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this time they got it right ....Aviator ROCKED
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    him getting an award for a movie where he plays someone he looks way to young for... messed...
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    "Finally"? He was overrated since Titanic, bub.
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And your opinion....is it based on your perception of seeing "The Aviator" or are you generalizing?
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    i havent seen aviator. i'd belive that he deserved the award, i think he's a pretty decent actor. he gets a label as being over rated because he was a teen girl heart throb when titanic came out. i kinda like him, but i havent seen him in anything yet that warents "best actor"

i'd also like to point out that just because a movie is great, that doesn't mean the actor that's in it deserves an award for the acting he did.

i think most people hate DiCaprio because so many women were in love with him. i'm glad to see that someone can take the teeny bopper image and move their career past that.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    And your opinion....is it based on blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]

get over youself. when you post something you really really really like on a public forum, you're gonna have those that differ in opinion.

he's a good actor. but doesn't really possess the talent of disappearing into his character, which most great actors have been acknowledged for. such as billy bob in sling blade. dustin hoffman in hook. val kilmer in the doors. and Gary Oldman in nearly every film he's in. just to name a few off the top of my head.

Leo was pretty good in gangs of new york. but Daniel Day-Lewis was better. that sorta thing.
  • AfroLeft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AfroLeft polycounter lvl 18
    his effort in Catch Me If You Can was pretty good.. But year, twasnt best actor.
    I guess he's overall improving in each movie he's done latley.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    I can never take him too seriously 'cos he looks about 15. ( but I did enjoy Catch me If you can and looking forward to watching The Aviator )
    However, it's easy to forget that early in his career he played the mentally handicapped younger brother of Johnnie Depp in 'Whats Eating Gilbert Grape?' and that performance was truly remarkable.