Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Protoss-DeathSeer

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
MasteroftheFork polycounter lvl 18
Hey. I'm doing the challeng over a CGChat, World of Starcraft. I decided to do this guy, a protoss assassin type character. It's at 3500 tris and my budget is 4500. Any C&C would be great.

protoss_DS_wip04.jpgprotoss_DS_wip03.jpg

Replies

• ironbearxl
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, that looks to be a nice use of 3500 tris with a cape and all too. The arms, legs, and head all look like they have a good enough amount of detail as well. Can you post one of the concepts you worked with?
  • Asthane
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    Good work, but the entire head looks extremely birdlike to me (to the point where the jaw section looks like a beak o_o).

Maybe it's just me though
  • MasteroftheFork
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments guys. I'm hoping the beak-like look will go away when I texture it.

Here's the concept I did.
    protoss_DS_COncept.jpg
  • IceWolve
    Offline / Send Message
    IceWolve polycounter lvl 18
    He has to many toes or claws or whatever you modeled on his feet for a protoss, but i suppose its fine since its also in your concept..

Looks neat, id like to see it textured so i can better imagine a mmorpg with it :P
  • poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    That concept is really sweet. You didn't seem to folow it very well for the model however. The arms should be much shorter on the model, and the torso not quite so wide.
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    any chance of a close-up of his legs? his knees look a little wonky. You might also want to angle his legs a little, right now they come down perfectly straight from his torso, where they look sort of stuck on like a ken-doll.

also, though i'm sure its for rigging purposes, he also looks like he's about to fall over.

looks like a great start.
  • MasteroftheFork
    Offline / Send Message
    So i've done the shading of the head and just started the scales now. I did shorten the arms a little and I'll see if i can make the knees less awkward.

protoss_DS_wip05.jpg
  • stoofoo
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    Skeksis anyone? Heh. Looks a hell of a lot like one. Same feel in both the concept and model.

So the model is enjoyable although it strays quite a bit from concept.. the texture thus far could use some.

Tighten up some of the harder intersections of shadow and highlight. Like that bulbous eyebrow ridge. Give it a bit more definition by just tightening up the lighting. Try to make the highlight intersect with the shadow at varying levels to give the illusion of harder lines. just some more micro detail that you can apparently get into your texture(as illustrated by the scales) to make the actual texture look more interesting. also dont protoss have an alligator skin look? Pretty sure it was. Could be wrong.
  • MasteroftheFork
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey again. I've worked on the scales abit more, I'm going for a bit more cartoony look like Wow has.

protoss_DS_wip06.jpg