Home General Discussion

Why do I bother?

frosty
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
frosty polycounter lvl 18
Sigh…..

Why do I do this. Every major game I get excited about I dl all kinds of custom models, skins and tons of maps. Then I beta test the maps and cull through them all, deleting space maps or terrain maps or too big one I dislike. This takes hours of time, needless to mention my load times increase. Then I finally purge some skins and models and get all happy when the load times get better. Why do I get so obsessed with getting all those custom maps and doing this over and over. i.e. Q2, UT, Q3 and now UT2003.

Maybe it is that Tinkering gene that makes me want to customize the game – like the cosmetic surgeon that just would like to bulge them lips a bit, trim that nose and insert some chin/cheekbones. Oh well guess it beats watching Nancy Grace go into her 334th pms fit about Scott Peterson on television.

Shrugs…….

Replies

• oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    I thought the load time only increases when you have that preload model option on? (Ut2k4)

Else, man with all the bonus packs and custom maps I have...

BTW frosty love to play on a server with you sometime.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    sounds like you're not being satisfied. guess it's just your way of making things better. maybe you should start burning you maps to disc, and switching the rotation every month or so. those things tend to take up HD space quickly.

I agree...you should get together with some of us in the Polyfrag section and plan some online games. I should be up and gaming again in a few days, and would enjoy playing against you and Sal and the guys like ol' times.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    It’s called dsl, hehe, we may actually get it this year!

Otherwise home connection is a crawling 28.8 and work connection for gaming is 56k.
    Highspeed connection @ work crashes whenever I try to game online at work = firewall?

Oxy and Ely, so hopefully someday I will give you something to tell your Grandkids about the awesome, fearless, and unique fighting style of this guy named frosty. smile.gif

I went from 15 second dm initial load to a 3 second load by just moving all maps except the essential one to a folder above my ut2003 folder. Game still runs fine.

Also, I can’t seem to put down the ever addictive Street Fighter Alpha, sheesh!

see you Guys on the flipside. smile.gif