Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Reptile Model textured

Painreliever
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Painreliever polycounter lvl 18
Well, it's not as pretty as a lot of models that come through here, but I think I am pretty much done with it in terms of modeling and texturing. I am still going to try to rig it and put it into some poses that don't make it look so awkward. I may try to get it into UT2004 but that will depend on how well he deforms.

I finally got my graphics tablet so I have some older models I need to go back and finish textures for. Having learned a lot from this one maybe I can get them finished faster.

Feel free to crit anything you think could stand to be improved. I can't say it will definitely get it changed in the model or texture, but I would definitely like to hear what you think I could have done better (I am sure there is plenty).

Here's the pics, hope you like them:

Reptile001_thumb.jpgReptile003_thumb.jpgReptile004_thumb.jpgReptile005_thumb.jpg

Replies

• Josh_Singh
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    well when it comes to scales, usually a good photo overlay will do the trick. But if you insist on painting scales, they are usually circles, not square.
    The scales you have now remind me of the lizard in the old spider man cartoon.
  • swampbug
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    I see Green corn.

The scale pattern needs to feel more random, and overlapping. Its too neatly organized in horizontal and vertical rows which makes it appear unnatural imo.

This guy would definately benifit from more white chest piece stuff intergrated into more parts of his body. He kinda looks like the lizard who forgot to wear pants to school.

Good progress though from the last time i saw this guy.
  • Mooseboy
    Offline / Send Message
    Mooseboy polycounter lvl 18
    The scales on the head, backs of hands, tail, feet, belly all look good. The scales on arms, thighs, and palms are too large to allow bending. The shins aren't bad, though the wrap to the calf is a bit larger than seems appropriate. The sides of the ankles are particularly nice, with the 3 triangles surrounded by smaller scales. The plating on top of the head is good, too.