Home General Discussion

Fear Factor - I'm signing up.

tubboy
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
tubboy polycounter lvl 18
Well, in about a month I am signing up. Making my Video in a week. I watch this show all the time and I think I can do it. Pluse, weather i loose or win, it'll be fun non the less.
Anyone else think they can handle what Fear factor puts out for $50,000?
http://www.nbc.com/Fear_Factor/index.shtml

Replies

• Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    i'd watch it if you were in it. just be sure to pimp polycount if you can.
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that'd be the first thing i do.....:)
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    reality shows?
    is Cops a reality show? I guess it is. Is American Chopper one too? I guess so.
    I've watched those.
    I can honestly say I have never watched "Survivor" or any of those shows it spawned.
    These shows are the true "Decline and Fall of Western Civilization"
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    cops is a fly-on-the-wall documentary duke. survivour, big brother, pop/american idol, pop stars, x-factor, fame academy, they're all 'reality' tv shows, although it's a laughable label since what's real about being stuck in some house and watched 24/7 ?
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    dude, I had a buddy who tried out for fear factor. They made him fill out a butt-load of forms stating he could not sue nbc if anything went wrong. So if you get botulism from eating pig nuts, or fecal animea syndrome from eating a decroted peice of crap, it's your own damn fault, and know that if you dont have it swallowed by the time limit, you just did it for nothing.
    Good luck by the way.
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    cops is a fly-on-the-wall documentary duke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Sundance, I have wondered this before!
    Obviously, from your response, they show "Cops" in the UK. Is it the same Cops we get or is it a UK Cops?
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    not to mention that most of the people that appear on these shows are actors. some of the people are professional reality tv actors. they appear on all the reality shows. these are not contestants they're actors paid to look pretty while eating bull penis.
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I knew there were actors but had no idea they used actual specific reality actors.
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    Its the same way with TV Game-shows. The majority of the people you see on those shows arent some joe-schmo of the street, but rather a failed actor who made some friends in Hollywood. One of the guys I work with now still does it occasionally, they will fly him to Hawaii for 2 days and he has to pretend like hes a normal guy who won a trip to be on the show. Not a bad deal if you ask me =)
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Good luck, Tub.
    Have fun eating those african cave spiders.....ACK!
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    Sky 1 used to show the US cops duke, but it's not aired on BBC, ITV, channel 4 or five afaik. we've had our own crop of fly on the wall docs in the past, like driving school, airport (set at heathrow) and one set in a liverpool hotel. there was a fad for the fricking things, like there is for these 'talent' contest shows. and bloody makeover shows.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    These shows are the true "Decline and Fall of Western Civilization"

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they may not be the cause of it, but I'd say they're at least a symptom frown.gif. The worst part is, these types of shows are impossible to kill, since they're disposable. Since they're so easy and cheap to produce, they just throw a pile of shit at the wall and see what sticks. If a show flops, no big deal, just spend another ten grand or so to make another shitty pilot. Oh well, it's not like television was ever a prestigious medium to begin with.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    pimping an internet forum on international tv is a bad idea.

good luck..
  • JBoskma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JBoskma polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah. Let them take away your humanity and pride. Humiliate yourself on international television. You will be used for other people to laugh at.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    for 50 grand... i think you make it out to be worse than it is anyway..
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    but you get money if you win wink.gif
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think my limit will be the earth worm consumption. I'm cool with everything else. Eating spiders, letting insecs crawl all over me, bobing for apples with snakes in the water, crossing from one buildingt to another on ropes from 500 feet up. What ever. I could do alot with 50k.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    how many more seasons can there be before they just get it over with: "in this challenge, each of you has to have anal intercourse with your granmother."

grease up grammy, 50k's on the line.
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    ffs, if someone really wants to test their fear limit, come ride backseat in my cessna and then sue me afterwards when the prop cuts your legs off as we go flying through the front cockpit glass as we smash into the runway at about 120 knots.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    "Fear Factor" isn't a 'reality' show, it's a game show. Probably ripped off of those Japanese shows you hear about.

Whatever.

/jzero
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    Good luck Tubboy. Hope you make it in the show.
    The "hanging from a helicopter catching things" kind of assignments always look like good fun but the eating tasks I wouldn't want to do. Especially for a global audience.
    50k is a lot of money but not enough for me to sink that low.
    Whenever I watch it they always have skinny chicks and buffed guys with these soap opera faces. I've never seen a dork or an accountant in the show smile.gif
    Do you fit their profile?

ps. How much is actually left of that 50k after the IRS finds and rapes you?
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    It's a cool show b'cept for one thing which doesn't involve fear. Eating CRAP. Yesterday I saw a woman about to eat 5 feet of horse colon. WTF, it's disgusing but not scary. Another time they had to ead rotten duck eggs that didn't hatch. They had little dead duckies in 'em. YUK,I say.....YUK! Good luck dood. More power to ya.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Have sex with HIV positive person, remember one condom has holes in it so pick with care :P
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I've always hated this show. The challenges are terrible. And eating that shit is just disgusting. I have no fear of eating raw pig uterus or horse colon, because it's simply not done and should never be. The writers should really look for better ways to strike fear into the contestants.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    I've considered it many times, i know with a little self training i could get back in good enough shape to do almost any of the physical stunts, and that would be the only tough part, they look easy when you watch them on tv, but a lot difrent when you are there, the nasty stuff eating i would have no problem with, i'm a pretty picky eater when it comes to what i like and don't like. but theres verry few things that wouldnt kill me that i couldnt eat for 50 k, tho i bet after taxes you would be lucky to get 30k of that. . Ely the eating is most of the fear, because its all in your mind, the food they give is not bad for you , and any nastiness is all your mind, i mean when i was a kid and first heard about sushi, i was liek "EEWWWWW RAW FISH" ... well actualy i'm still the same way, people eat it every day tho. hog souse, just as nasty as most of whats on that show, but people eat it every day, its not going to kill you.

be funny if one day we go on the same show, i would SOOOO kick your ass!! you going home first!!! wait, i'll let you eat the blended rat beore you go home!
  • NoSeRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoSeRider polycounter lvl 18
    Those bugs that they make you eat: crickets, worms, centipedes, tarantulas, snails, scorpions......are all considered delicious morsels in other countries.

They wouldn't make you eat anything that is poisonous. It's all in your head.

Although, sometimes they'll make you drink some putrified crap that was mixed in a blender though.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    NoSeRider: if it's true that they wouldn't make you eat anything poisonous, then I'm right that the thing I saw on 'The Soup' where FF made the two hot women drink liquefied sewer rat from the blender was totally fake. The woman in the cute tights puking wasn't fake, but the 'liquid rat' looked more like chunky papier-mache. It was completely gray and watery, not laced with pink and creamy like you know blended rodent would be. I didn't see the dead rat go into the blender, so it must have been fake.

And Tubboy -- this is a weird thing to be ambitious about.

/jzero
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I use to talk with Joe Rogan back when he was getting started with Fear Factor. I was a member of his message boards at his website. Anyway, he said that most of the contestants are hired from modelling agencies. I dunno about the whole 'reality tv actor' bit, but he said it was agencies they got their people from.
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    Wether they are actors or not they are selected on their looks.
  • NoSeRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoSeRider polycounter lvl 18
    Yep, all good look'n people.

I think people are hired based on the likelihood you'll have sex with them or not......it's like the dog sniffing the butt syndrome.....was that too cynical?
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    Exactly. Fear Factor is a joke. You never see a single unattractive person, and the stunts are an utter joke as well.

What is scary about eating something gross? What is scarey about doing a stunt in which there are all these safetey harnesses attached to you? Nothing. Nothing at all.

They should make the stunts have greater consequences, hell these people supposedly sign all kinds of wavers, right?

Every contestant is the same. They are attractive, moderately, but not too athletic(wouldn't want those wimpy stunts looking too easy) and all about 25 years old.
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So Irritant, with what you just said, are you saying that with all that is going on, these hired actors or what ever are pretending to be scared? It's possible. Who knows. I mean, Benny Hen Hires people in his congregation to act like he is touching them with Gods love and they pretend to pass out so, I guess that is a very real possibility. TV has got to sell there shows. If the show is good, the more ratings go up, the more sponcers they get and the more money they make.