Home General Discussion

Seattle: Crappy Jobs (outside industry)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
Hey all.

Long story short. I need a job.. quickly. Part time preferred (so I can still continue my portfolio building), Fulltime if nothing else. Temp agencies thus far haven't worked since I lack the office skills needed. Oh the joys of an art degree :/.

I guess I will list what I wont or cant do: Telemarketing, Pushy sales and/or commissioned, food handling, driving, copying (5 years of Kinko's was enough).

What I have been told I am good at: Customer Services, one on one help, technical knowledge/support.

What I would love is like a job at a Bookstore, Artstore, (or Hobby) but thats been a bust thus far.

So if you are in the area and have heard of something from your outside contacts please send me an email or post here. I do mean the central to North Seattle side! The bus system is unreliable to honestly tell an employer in Redmond or something that I can make it on time (especially weekends-which I know from experience).

Oh and I have been looking at craigslist, nwclassifieds, monster.

Thank you - Now back to your regular scheduled discussions. Already in progress. wink.gif

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Hey, I don't work in the area. And I can't offer you any help. I'm just posting from my job.. at Kinko's. Get me the hell out of here.

Good luck.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Hey Kinkos is better than Walmart. I work the night shift and for eight hours I get to move boxes and bags that weigh between 20 to 50 pounds by myself, but hey if you need to lose weight go for it. I lost over 20 pounds and I'm back to a size 32 from 38. wink.gif
    How did you manage to land a job at Kinkos? I have tried to apply but their site is so freaking useless that I have not been able to... Heh... wink.gif Good luck on your search hope you get something good. Learn to type if you don't, since you have to be able to type at leas 30 words a min to get a Graphic Design job. I hate typing and Graphic Design, but after Walmart it's starting to look appealing. wink.gif

Alex
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tubboy polycounter lvl 18
    My past job list:
    Cart boy for a Country club
    Winners (Sold shoes)
    Wal-Mart (Garden Center)
    Old Navy
    Bag 'n Baggage (Sold Luggage)
    DEC (Oil Animation Biz)
    Cinematic Games
    And now here in OC with The Collective.

Come to LA. Companies everywhere out here.
  • kleinluka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kleinluka polycounter lvl 18
    I used to be a paper boy... D:
  • tubboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tubboy polycounter lvl 18
    And look where you are now. Don't ya just love how hard work pays off.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Cha, ya.. Me thinks age is being misjudged. Lets just say me and Mojo share a year in common.

And I still have you beat. Kennel Cleaner (shudder). ;p
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I clean and wax vehicles for a Christian Used Car Lot at the end of my street owned by a guy who calls himself Papa Don. Before that, a supervisor at a local grocery store.

Try working at an office supply store. Or a movie theater.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    When I was in High School I worked for a small mobile kiddie carnival that worked the valley.
    I worked the "Ball Pit". Those little air filled plastic balls? That was my job.
    Just about EVERY DAY some little kid would piss themselves in the ball pit, and not want to come out. I'd have to go in there and drag them out crying.
    At the end of the night, hose off the balls, and prepare for the next day.
    I got paid under the table in crumpled 1$ bills at 5$/hour.
    I worked in the Vegas Summer heat, with no shade all summer.

Despite all that, it was my favorite job ever. I worked with my friends. I got a tan. I worked out (setting up & breaking down were VERY physical and took hours each).