Home General Discussion

darkness...

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sonic polycounter lvl 18
I felt like started this post to warn you guys...

Darkness has to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Cheeeeeesy dialogue/acting through most of the movie and absolutely nothing is explained. I left the theatre thinking WTF. It makes me think that they just took a movie and cut it in half because they didnt feel like making an ending.

What are you guy's opinions?

Replies

• JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Yup, one of those sucky wannabe horror movies... really nothing good about it.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I saw this review:
    by MN Kiddo -
    I initially saw this movie on DVD--my roommate scored the release from a year ago. It creeped the shit out of me, for whatever reason. The lack of explanation let my wicked imagination fill in the blanks, and the imagery helped that out quite a bit. I was looking forward to seeing it 20 feet tall in a darkened theatre, but I was sorely disappointed. The scenes that unnerved me the most--the dad yelling at the electrician, the darkened, dripping-with-blood house, the kitchen that regressed 40 years once the portal was opened, the sporadic, blood-soaked-child imagery--was all cut, if not eradicated. Plus, the sub-plot involving the daughter wanting to leave was cut, leaving viewers around me wondering why the mother was so aloof for the last half of the movie. The foreign version rocked my socks, the watered-down PG-13 version was just that--watered-down and unnecessary. A damned shame.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Well even with all the stuff in (I have seen the DVD versionsome time ago) the movie still sucks tongue.gif
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Well at least White Noise looks like it might be pretty cool.
  • kleinluka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kleinluka polycounter lvl 18
    ugh. White noise looks like this crappy Myster Hunter show on TV where these 13 year old kids walk around grave yards with a 80 year old voice recorder and wonder why the shit they record with it sounds like voices.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    darkness was pretty bad, people were really pissed. There where howls of anger when the credits rolled.

Best part is when the dad keeps saying "Open the freaking door" it just sounds so clunky and forced, I guess they really wanted that PG-13 rating bad.