Home General Discussion

Creative Zen Touch

Redlemons
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Redlemons polycounter lvl 18
Hey everyone. I'm thinking of buying some sort of MP3 player and I'm looking at the Creative Zen Touch, 20GB. Does anyone have any experience with it, good or bad, or any advice they can give?

I definitely want a hard disk player, the solid state ones are just too small (256mb or so) to be worth it. I was considering another MiniDisc player since mine died last year but the discs are only 1GB, but they're $10 (Australian) each, so to equal the capacity of the Creative I'd need to spend $200 or so, and then carry 10 discs with me. So fuck that.

While the iPod reviews are all good, lots of people are saying that there are plenty of other players out there that are just as good, even better, for cheaper prices, and that don't have any music protection crap.

But I'm still just looking at the options. What I really want is something small and lightweight, works with WinXP and MP3 and WMA files, 20GB or more, is durable and reliable, and if possible has some sort of AM/FM tuner. Does anyone have any ideas here?

Replies

• Soul_Reaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soul_Reaper polycounter lvl 18
    I've got a 60gb Creative Zen Xtra.

If the Zen Touch is anything like mine, then I'd say go for it!

I love my MP3 player, it's reliable and has awesome sound quality!
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    The title sounded like you were going to redecorate your house tongue.gif.

Sounds like the Medion MP3 Jukebox MD95200 is the best choice for you. 20GB, MP3 and WMA, USB2.0, SD/MMC-slot, wheel like the iPod, 220€. Unlike the iPod its battery is removable and I think replacement ones are pretty cheap. A review claims the thing sold out but the Medion online store still has it available (or at least claims so tongue.gif). I think I've seen one at a local Aldi for 199 but I'm not too sure about that.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Medion is actually quite reliable for its price... i love it.
    I have a Medion Computer, Medion Digicam (which i shit, but it's tiny and it cost me next to nothing) and a Medion Crt Monitor, and they're all great for the price.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    I have a Nomad Jukebox Zen 20g I bought through EA's internal want ad's for about half price. I got it so cheap because the backlight was failing (it works on a rare occasion, if at all). The thing had at least two previous owners, so except for this small handicap, it has proven extremely rugged. I use it in my car as my stereo has an auxilary input. The software for transfering the mp3's over (assuming it's the same for newer models) is easy to use, and makes it very easy to reorganize many tracks to fit within the different Genre guidelines (as well as other guidlines) the player catagorizes music by. the interface for my player is very easy to navigate, and i've heard good things about the new touch interface.
    Words of advice, take advantage of the usb 2.0 transfer rate, you'll need it; and keep the power adapter handy when you do big transfers of music, as this process can really drain the battery fast.
  • Nostradamus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nostradamus polycounter lvl 18
    Got a sen NX 30 gigs, and well they go fairly cheap now, and the sound is quite nice... uhm, the support is aweseome and you can talk to anyone of your nationality... of course youre from an english speaking country so that's not too big a worry for you, but none the less it's great.. 1 year warranty... not much else to say. it's easy to use... and cheaper than the butt ugly ipod laugh.gif