Home General Discussion

San Francisco ConceptArt Workshop

MoP
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
MoP polycounter lvl 18
To everyone from these boards who's attending - See you there!

My flight leaves Heathrow at 10:30am, I'll be in SF a mere 10 hours later... about 2pm "their" time.

Can we have a list of people who are attending, so I know who to look out for?

Ones I know are going: Poopinmymouth, shotgun, Eli_Heuer, aesir, LegionaireJoe ... can't remember any other definites.

Now you must excuse me, I have to go pack 'n' stuff! smile.gif

Replies

• NoSeRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoSeRider polycounter lvl 18
    I probably should ask Ron Lemen why he goes there since he does demos at the workshop, but why do people go?

A stupid question, yet potentially insightful.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    you mean your dopey ass is coming to the states and I am going to miss it? arrrgh!

*checks flights to SF*
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    Gah - can;t make this one nfortuanately.

Be sure to take lots of notes/ pics/ recordings/ samples of speakers underwear etc. and share the love with your Polycount buddies on here when you all get back smile.gif
  • RyRyB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RyRyB polycounter lvl 18
    More of a lurker here than anything, but I'll be headed out to SF on Thursday.

I feel like a little kid again a couple of days before my birthday. The anticipation for this thing is getting unbearable! I went to the Austin workshop during the summer and it was the best art-related experience I've ever had. I'm still riding the high!

Anyways, hopefully I'll be able to attach avatars to faces this weekend. smile.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    NoSeRider: Was that a sentence? Uh... people attend the workshop to learn? And to do more art... and to meet like-minded people... does that answer your question?

bearkub: Yeah, I'll be in SF from the 6th to the 12th ... whereabouts are you? I woulda probably met up with Daz over there, but ironically he'll be in Scotland while I'm in SF... we swapped...

Fat_Cap: Yep, just got a 256mb memory card for my camera, so I should be able to take quite a few shots and maybe some short videos too smile.gif

Gonzo: Indeed, I can't wait either! See you there! smile.gif
  • NoSeRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Was that a sentence?

[/ QUOTE ]

noun - verb - comma - conjunction - noun - verb. Yep.

I'm just asking because it's hard for me to let go of the cash. Maybe they'll hold it in San Diego or Los Angeles next year.

I mentioned Ron Lemen because he teaches there:
    http://www.wattsatelier.com/art_instruction1.html

and hes teaching at San Francisco Workshop.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Ah, I see. Yeah, his work is very cool, I look forward to seeing his demonstrations. I'm sure he goes because he's a generous guy who likes to teach others in the way of art!
    From what I hear, it's worth every penny.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Just one more day... Getting kinda nervous
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Getting kinda AWESOME
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    MoP, I require you and everyone else who attends to take LOTS of pictures and post write-ups about the whole event when its over! Okay well you dont really have to, but if you do I will be your best friend forever.

I had it all planned out to go but due to some unfortunate events over the holidays I wont be able to attend =(

So, lots of pictures, and if someone has a video camera please tape Marko drawing for hours so I can watch it smile.gif I hear it is a real treat to watch him draw.
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    i was just in san fran. pitty.

-R
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    they dont let us video tape pseudo frown.gif or else i would be the whole time.

And get this, I forgot the charger for my digi cam at my dorm in LA, so I hope I can get all the pics I want on whats left of the charge in my camera...
  • LegionaireJoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LegionaireJoe polycounter lvl 18
    Do we have a time set on Thursday where all the Polycounters can meet up? Aesir & I are rooming along with two other people from the CA.org boards...

Gotta have a PC get together before we all lose too much bodily fluid from drooling...and, uh, yeah...

supa-excited!
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    Hm, I read a post on ca.org where Jason gave the OK to tape the events. It was in response to a post about the Berlin event though, so I suppose the rules may have changed.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Well, like I say, I'm getting into SF international airport at 1:35pm ... I should be hooking up with a couple of the CA.org people who are on the same flight. I'll probably hang around in the airport to wait for Eli Heuer. Just name a place to meet, and a time, and I'll try to get there! smile.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Well I don't get in till 8:30 and shotgun till 11:30 (both PM) So we might want to make it Friday if we want all polycounters to be there. I'm all for a black and green dinner, should be awesome. 8-)
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Hell yeah. I'm taking my t-shirt! smile.gif
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    I have Friday off, and got tickets, So where are we going to meet for the Polycounter's get together? I sort of know the city.. kinda. Mysister works for the City,and lives in a huge house.

Scott

Scott
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Since you probably know the city better than any of us Scott, you name the place.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    I know it sort of, But because of a little thing called a Milestone, I won't be able to go out in Thursday Night, but I'll be there, friday, through Monday LATE (for the Z Brush User Group in the same Hall (Terra) as the workshop. Plenty of time and places to eat, some even within walking distance. If not, I'll bring a bottle of Chopin and we can go to someone's Hotel room.

See you tomorrow bright and Early (9:00AM)

Scott

Scott
  • NoSeRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gawd damn, this is crappy weather to go to San Francisco.