Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Another one of my wonderful ideas...

redshadow13
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
redshadow13 polycounter lvl 18
Has anyone thought of maybe converting any models or maps from postal2 over to ut2004 format? It would be kickass to use p-dude in the unreal universe.

Replies

• Seyiji
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seyiji polycounter lvl 19
    That just screams intellectual property rights infringment! :P
  • redshadow13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    if you apply that method of thinking, so is every other map and model that isnt original. so we should pull all of the models from this site that someone didnt conjure up right from their head huh?
  • Seyiji
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Then do it yourself and keep it to yourself as I'm sure no one here wants this type of "work" in their portfolio.

Also your line of thinking doesn't work as people here take others IP and models up a likeness of it using their own skills....however what your trying to do is have people rip models & maps out of a game which takes little to no skill and in most cases is illegal.

Bottom line here is if you want to play as Postal Dude then support the game makers and buy the game.

Cover all bases point....

1.) Ask some one to model the postal dude's likeness and make a PPM out of it.

2.) Ask someone who is familiar with the game and knows how to map to recreate the postal universe levels as deathmatch/capture the flag/etc levels.

In closing "Don't Copy that Floppy"
  • redshadow13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "Bottom line here is if you want to play as Postal Dude then support the game makers and buy the game."

was this even necessary? i do of course own the game.
  • Seyiji
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe it was a bit harsh but my point still stands.

Now if you want to play as a character in the Unreal Tournament universe why don't you just create a new thread and request a player model of Postal Dude?
  • redshadow13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i thought perhaps a conversion would be easier.

and i dont really think RWS would particularly care, postal 2 uses the unreal engine anyway.

whatever the case if youve played the game you might agree it would be great to play as p-dude in unreal. it would be perfect.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    Direct conversions are a violation of the EULA, you won't find any conversions here at Polycount....

Well except for a few (Caleb for Q2, Succubus for Q2) but that was 1998 and nobody cared then, but it doesn't mean people won't care now.
  • redshadow13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm... well, anyone up for this
    [ QUOTE ]
    Now if you want to play as a character in the Unreal Tournament universe why don't you just create a new thread and request a player model of Postal Dude?

[/ QUOTE ]
    then?