Home General Discussion

Aiko 3

Faulken
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Faulken polycounter lvl 18
Hello. I caught the post for Aiko 3. The program to help with anime inspired models. The price is right, but the download requires a credit card for me to get it. I don't have one. Since it's free, I was wondering if someone who downloaded it could post a link to the file. (Not from the main site, on their own server I mean.) It's free so I don't see how it would be piracy. I just don't have a credit card to take advantage of this opportunity. Thanks

Aiko 3 - Link

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    So, um, what is it? A basemesh? Some kind of MakeHuman for anime characters? (Hmmmmmmm, idea!)

It looks kinda restrictive. I'd say you're better off modeling your own characters from scratch. That won't restrict you to some obscure package, either. Or, hell, you could create models that could actually go into a game instead.
  • Seyiji
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seyiji polycounter lvl 19
    Who needs a credit card when you have firefox and the bugmenot extension smile.gif
  • Faulken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1) I can't model to save my life.
    2) Why couldn't one of those go into a game?
    3) I vaugely know OF firefox.

Guess I go back to "finding" a copy of 3D Max or something. (I don't understand XSI either.) If only Milkshape could hold more verts then it does... That program I can actually use...) Just wish modling was easy. lol.
  • Asthane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    1) I can't model to save my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's 'cause you haven't learned, honestly, no one starts out painting mona lisa's :P

[ QUOTE ]
    2) Why couldn't one of those go into a game?

[/ QUOTE ]

They look a couple hundred thousand polygons too high. That, and I doubt their hair is polygonal... could be though.

[ QUOTE ]
    3) I vaugely know OF firefox.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firefox is another browser. But you don't need firefox to use <a href="http://bugmenot.com"bugmenot</a>, it's just a lot faster. (And FYI, I didn't know anything about it before he mentioned it. Google does wonders)

[ QUOTE ]
    Guess I go back to "finding" a copy of 3D Max or something. (I don't understand XSI either.) If only Milkshape could hold more verts then it does... That program I can actually use...) Just wish modling was easy. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you can't understand XSI, MAX and Maya will seem pretty much the same for you. They all have learning editions now, try them all out. If you're looking for a simple, powerful, free modeling program though. There is Wings3d. Won't give you animation or anything though.

</devil's advocate>
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No need to pay big money for modeling software. And no reason to use that POS Milkshape, either. Blender might take a few minutes to learn the basics but after that you'd rather chew off your own hand than go back to Milkshape. And don't worry about no artistic talent, I don't have any, either. Anime doesn't require that much skill.
    Besides, Milkshape holds at least 16k vertices, it's not like you're going to need more for ingame models. For everything else Milkshape is pointless anyway (though I'd argue that Milkshape is pointless for EVERYTHING).

EDIT: Haha, that EULA is funny:
    5. TELLWARE. This application is considered tellware. The user is required to tell two other people where to download this application (www.daz3d.com) in order to install and or use it. Note: During the alpha phase of testing, users will not be required to follow this program due to the test base being a closed group. During the alpha stage of testing, DAZ|Studio will only be distributed to Platinum Club members.

and

User shall not give, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer or <b>dispose of</b> the 3-D Application(s) on a temporary or permanent basis without the prior written consent of DAZ 3D.

So you're not allowed to delete it?

EDIT2: Eh, don't bother with it, the free stuff isn't very flexible (no real clothes, only one texture and hairstyle) and everything else costs money. Not much you can do without learning how to model.
  • Faulken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heh. Apparently I am less educated then I would like to admit. I will take a look at Blender and Google up the rest. Thanks for your time and patience.
  • Asthane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    Or you could visit the sticky at the top of this board

I also should have linked Wings 3d when I mentioned it.
  • mr.toast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr.toast polycounter lvl 18
    the only use i have of milkshape was to import and export and convert certain files that i couldnt have done with 3ds max, other then that its a piece of garbage

"Create your perfect Anime Woman"

hentai-otaku's like me will love this thing
  • Seyiji
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seyiji polycounter lvl 19
    Let it be known that Mr Toast shall now and forever be know as "Perverted House"
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought he was just a "local GNAA member"?
  • AfroLeft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AfroLeft polycounter lvl 18
    I Downloaded it by selecting the paypal option... I'm not sure if they are actually going to send payment info to my fake address i put in.. hmmm.

I doubt it will be of much use to me anyway, even if I can import the model into MAX I still prefer to use all my own stuff for high poly models (as its harder to animate a high poly model with no low poly base mesh.)
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    It's a 3D fanart generator?

Scott