Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    can you say: Oxymoron
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    Oops.

I hope those are for dispaly purposes only.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Heh. I wonder who did that? Durex, a distributor, or a shop owner.

(Or the person taking the pic purposely)
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    wholey christ! no way.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I've wanted to post a thread on this topic, but afraid of what it might lead to.
    i always found it interesting how AIDS isn't actually a disease, and no one has ever died from it.

if you like conspiracy stuff...check google. it's frightening.
  • cep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cep polycounter lvl 18
    At first, I was confused why this was posted, you'll notice that almost all ribbons of that sort have staples in them, to hold the ribbons shape, but what's not to say, there's a sticky on the back?
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    then why couldn't they just have stickied the ribbons or something, making it look like there are staples going through the condom is not a good thing
  • Nerd Groupie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerd Groupie polycounter lvl 18
    Or just make a red ribbon the design on the wrapper.
  • want2design
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    want2design polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    i always found it interesting how AIDS isn't actually a disease, and no one has ever died from it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Huh?
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    want2design: AIDS stands for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome... that last part, Syndrome is what makes it technically not a disease, it's a collection of symptoms associated with what the HIV virus does to your system. HIV/AIDS does not technically kill anyone.. but it opens the door by dropping your immune system's defenses. so when Elysium is saying 'no one ever died from AIDS' he's technically right, but not really. yes it's another infection, sometimes common ones that actually kill them, but it's the HIV/AIDS that makes it happen.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    In the same sort of vein, having the flu or the cold can get you coldsores (as long as you contracted the virus) - the HSV1 can lie dormant in your system for years, and the cold or flu brings your immune system down low enough for the virus to make itself known. The cold/flu isn't directly responsible for the pus blisters on your face, you get that from kissing dirty boys.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're basically diagnosed with AIDS when your HIV percentage reaches a high level and symptoms are noticable.

[ QUOTE ]
    so when Elysium is saying 'no one ever died from AIDS' he's technically right, but not really. yes it's another infection, sometimes common ones that actually kill them.

[/ QUOTE ]

My reasoning goes a little deeper than that. All AIDS patients are placed on large dosages of a treatment called AZT, along with drugs containing gluccocorticoids (not good). I've asked some of the clinic employees in my Pathology courses to confirm that. The problem is everytime I search for info on AZT, I find articles like this.

[ QUOTE ]
    What does AZT do that makes it so dangerous? AZT kills dividing cells anywhere in the body, but especially (as the warning label says) in the bone marrow where new red blood cells and white blood cells are made. (Remember that T-cells are white blood cells that form the backbone of the body's immune system.) And it does the best job at killing these cells than any other drug discovered to date.

Apparently at Burroughs Wellcome, the thinking was that AZT would kill HIV-infected T-cells and thus be a cure for AIDS. It does do that. It kills T-cells extremely well, but all T-cells, whether or not they are HIV-infected -- healthy cells as well as sick cells. Repeat: AZT is dramatically effective in killing virus-infected and uninfected T-cells alike. And since only 1 in about 1000 T-cells of an HIV Positive person is ever "infected", AZT must kill 999 good T-cells in the process.

Let's think about this for a moment. We've got a patient with AIDS -- a patient with a T-cell deficiency, suffering from an opportunistic disease. The immune system is already shot. So we're going to cure them by giving them a drug (AZT) that kills all their remaining T-cells faster than anything else in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus, I find several "conspiracy" type articles explaining how AIDS doesn't actually exist, or that it's a government project. There was even a doctor in 1994 who injected himself with HIV to prove it's false, then died less than a year later of a heart attack in his kitchen while eating a salad. I've seen a report of African women being cured of HIV simply from eating a diet with good nutrition, and no drugs. It's all confusing to me.

I've several links if anyone wants some interesting reading.
  • mr.toast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr.toast polycounter lvl 18
    i dont mind living with aids, its herpes that iam afraid of
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    The cold/flu isn't directly responsible for the pus blisters on your face, you get that from kissing dirty boys.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you use a secret web cam on me Rick or what. I had one huge on on 2-26-04 on my upper lip, then ditto about a month ago & now got one on my lower corner lip, has dried and is now cracking everytime I smile I bleed, I had no idea I smiled at people so phuctin much, hurts like hec too!
  • Prs-Phil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prs-Phil polycounter lvl 18
    I really wish you where right Elysium. Whats the point of pumping your own people with AZT if it is a conspiracy. Why ?

Why put so much money into "preventing" aids actions. Why do people still die from it (or from their immune system beeing crushed to a min). I mean if you are posting this info that some women in africa was cured by basically eating well on a gameart board, why don´t many others that are really affected by it try that out. They have nothing to loose anyway ?!

Its actually really pointless talking about this virus because it still hasnt been figured out a 100%. We still don´t egxactley (and I mean, on microscopic level) know how it spreads. How should we, its a very young virus.

But I do agree that we should ask ourselves the question: "Why did this suddenly appear ?" ... I think there is a logical awnser to that, because this is not the first virus that has suddenly appeared over the history of mankind. We will see wink.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Why put so much money into "preventing" aids actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because most of that funding can go to labs for "cure cancer" research...which the world needs. Condom companies are thriving. It's a very profitable disease. Some sites have a timeline describing the governments use for the disease for population control. I'm not saying I totally believe any of these theories. Just saying...makes you think. Where are the real answers?
  • mr.toast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr.toast polycounter lvl 18
    theroy kind of reminds me of something hilarious i heard from chris rock from one of his HBO specials, saying (not in verbatim) "doctors are never going to cure aids, we cant even cure athlete's foot. the main reason why aids wont be cured is because the money isnt in the cure, its in the medicine, thats how drug dealers make their money, from the comeback, thats all doctors are, just a whole bunch of drug dealers, there still recovering from the money they lost curing polio, they aren't going to make that mistake agian."
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    mister toast...while funny, it is a bit hauntingly accurate...seeing as how AIDS patients often end up paying a TON of money for medicine and doctors to prolong their life as much as possible...

BTW condoms shouldn't be stapled like that heh heh