Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Somekind of SpecOp Guy :-)

jehuty
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
jehuty polycounter lvl 18
so now i have finished this one... it's part of a workpackge i did for friends... it is my first charcter ever made so please don't rip me apart wink.gif
SpecOp01.jpg

2 3 4 5 6

camera circle video (429 kb)

oh yeah sorry:
2300 polys, one 512x512 plus one 512x512 alphamap for the body.
420 polys and one 256x256 for the gun.

Replies

• usagi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    usagi polycounter lvl 18
    that looks really nice, especially the pants, although its kinda hard to tell from that angle. the sleeves dont end right to me though, they seem like they should have elastic at the ends instead of being loose like that
  • elkz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elkz polycounter lvl 18
    The lower part of the body is slightly higher in quality to me. The creases and folds in the pants are more detailed, and there are scratches on his knee-pads, and nice lighting on his boots. The upper part of his body is crying for more detail to me, especially his helmet. Unless it's meant to be one of those helmets with a velcro-poly cover on (cloth over the top :P) it doesn't quite look right. Perhaps add some weathering. His vest might be better with some more stitching joints, but it's still a nice looking skin and it appears to be a nice model also. Good Work!
  • want2design
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    want2design polycounter lvl 18
    The first thing that stood out upon viewing the renders was the balaclava. How it is currently, it looks as if it is made of black latex. My suggestion would be to blend the area between the tip of the nose and the upper cheek.

balaclava.JPG

Apart from that, I think it is really good for your first character model, so give yourself a pat on the back.

Regards,

want2design.
  • jehuty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hello and thank you for the crits...

@ usagi:
    yeah i know about the sleeves... it's because of the rigging. the model is completely rigged and ready for anim... but it would have been better to make closed sleeves insteed od open sleeves like i did. kind of stiffy... wink.gif

@ elkz:
    the helmet should be like this one, but not that glossy

balistic_helmet.jpg

but your absolutly right with the stiching joints i will rework that.

@want2design:
    i did that in purpose... i saw once a cool manga comic with that kind of face masks and i wanted this guy to have it too...

all in one i must say it was a good exercise for me to make that model... i learned much and i also saw there is still have much to learn... but hey that's what we're here for... laugh.gif
  • IceWolve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IceWolve polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, that is awesome, are there any good refs besides that helmet that oyu used to model him?
  • usagi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    usagi polycounter lvl 18
    IceWolve: use google, hit 'images' and type swat helmet or something like that, you should come up with tons of results
  • jehuty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @IceWolve:
    here is what i got so far GET IT 3,03 MB - click on position 1. or wait 10 sec.
    HAPPY MODELING! laugh.gif
  • IceWolve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IceWolve polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    IceWolve: use google, hit 'images' and type swat helmet or something like that, you should come up with tons of results

[/ QUOTE ]I wasnt talking about the swat helmet but for the character in general. Its hard to me to find good character modelign refs for stuff like that frown.gif