Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

A bit of fun for me

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
just trying out sketch painting again ...
wacom pad

sk22prog.jpg

quick sketch, about 30 mins, no reference , not the best proportions in the world smile.gif a quick colour using that warm cool guide that is posted in the more realistic head thread.
then smoothed with the smudgy thingy

sketch22.jpg

then hue sat changes and contrast etc , i was amazed at how different it looks ...

Replies

• poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Looking great man! One thing I try, is that if I find using a few adjustments it looks lots better, I try to force myself to paint in the final look the next time. Use the color picker to see how saturated those skin colors are in the final, and try painting with them next time. Its always best I find to paint with as little adjustment needed at the end as possible. Looking pimp, really dig it.
  • Thermidor
    Offline / Send Message
    cheers poop, your right about that , i should try to be as accurate as possible on the next one smile.gif
  • FatAssasin
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    I like the less saturated version more myself. I think it fits the mood better and looks less "computery". It's a nice style you've going there. But I think the hair could use a bit more work, or maybe just thinner lines to match the face better. It doesn't look like as much care was put into into, like there seems to be in the fine details of the mouth and eyes.
  • Thermidor
    Offline / Send Message
    and again.
    colourbits.jpg

this tme i tryed to spend more tome finnishing hair and stuff ... again , theres absolutly no reference (apart from the colour thingy), even to the point i didnt look in the mirror when i couldnt remember wot an ear looked like haha. i used the smudge thingy abit more this time , and didnt work on as manny layers. over all i dont think its as good ...

sketch23.jpg

next time im gona use reference. the main thing is , it was great fun doing it smile.gif