Home General Discussion

What do you want for Christmas?

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
Alright, list three things you have asked for Christmas.
1) Your most wanted gift
2) An art related gift (if you asked for one)
3) Silliest gift

Then say what your favorate gift you are giving is.

I'll go first. The thing I want the most is a German book on Aesthetics that Peppi recomended. There is an art book called "creative sparks" I really want. The silliest gift is that I hope my mom and dad get me a big pack of chapstick again like last year.
My favorate gift I am giving, are the portraits I did of my family, and then I am going to take them all out to Ruth Chris during the holidays. (expensive steakhouse for you wanker/moonpeople/non-US citizens) 8-)

Replies

• jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    I didn't ask for anything. To be honest, I'll be lucky to get socks this year. I NEED socks!

Given a choice, though, I really, really need Santa to bring me a new, steady freelance client, like the one I used to have. Ya don't even have to gift-wrap it!

/jzero
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    to have a good time with family etc is wanted most ... although i havnt asked for it .... all i actually asked for is half life 2 , been looking forward to it ... i suppose art related would be some inspiration and abilety smile.gif one other thing that would be handy is a spell checker somhow attached to my fingers smile.gif

favorate gift im giving is candle sand to my brothers fiancie, thats a very odd gift too smile.gif
  • Jes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    A new ..\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\ImageReady.exe in my mailbox! mad.gif

The old one's corrupt, so if anyone would mail me just that file (7.0, no patches)?
    Just had a bad case of Jeefo on my comp, and I really don't want to reinstall the darn program just because of this measly one executable.. frown.gif
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    I've asked for books with Miyazaki works in it. Graphic novels, storyboards and movie art books.
    I'm with jzero on the socks. Need them badly and never get around to buying them.
    Got my son a big load of colored kids clay to get his little hands modelling.
  • Asthane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    1) Money / Industry Job
    2) Second Monitor to replace the one UPS smashed
    3) Digital Thermometer so I can tell people how friggin cold it is.

As for what I'm giving... Well, I'm giving what I'm getting... Which is pretty much, well, nothing. Oh, I guess I did promise to edit the junkyard tires out of a picture of a deer for my grandma... I guess that counts.

Me? Bitter? No, just cold. Very very cold ¬_¬
  • ryan77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ryan77 polycounter lvl 18
    1. Wacom tablet
    2. Wacom tablet
    3. gummy bears
  • jack_blackSISCO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jack_blackSISCO polycounter lvl 18
    SLEEP: Daamn it, sleep is something I miss. All this over time work is cutting in to my sleep cycle.

Digital Camera: although I can never fathom reasons for using it since I paint all my textures now.

Popularity on POLYCOUNT: Oh, wait, I have that already :P

Giving:
    1. I like to make others around me laugh so; anything I do to accomplish this in bringing joy to others makes me feel better.

Ah well, that’s my requests and desires this holiday season.

POOP, despite the hatred, Mary Christmas dude. Hope you and your loved ones and all of you on this board have a good Christmas Holiday. Don't get too wasted.
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    i'd like a nintendo ds....probably get that for myself

art related, i asked for some game texture "how-to" books (photoshop)

my fiance was going to get me a Robe with a big "Z" embroidered on the back (for Zane) but i decided to go with the olive green Adidas made from hemp
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    1) Trip to SF/CA Workshop
    2) See above!
    3) Umm. Probably whatever my brother gets me. Don't think I asked for anything silly (though I usually do).

Favourite gift I am giving is a custom t-shirt for my brother that says "pwned!!!!1" in silver letters on the front. Heh.
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18

oh and an internship at Gearbox.....or a lottery win....nothing too big.......just a few gabillion dollars....world peace....end hunger....and ferrari's for everyone!!!!
  • Fabool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabool polycounter lvl 18
    Not getting or giving anything this Christmas unfortunately..

If I was getting something art related, I would like to acquire some *skills* since apparently five years of practice doesn't give 'em ;(
  • Nerd Groupie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerd Groupie polycounter lvl 18
    1. MONEY
    2. Digital Camera
    3. Shampoo

Hmm...favorite gift I'm giving...not sure I can pick one. I tend to buy presents for any poor sap that crosses my path near the holidays. Probably the loads of toys I'm giving my godson, because I want to watch him open them to see what he will do.
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    I would love to get a wacom tablet and a new guitar and I also want more health(I am getting ill frequently these days frown.gif ), luckily I'll be able to buy a guitar in january but I don't know about the rest;).
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    1.Metal gear solid 3/Jak & Daxter 3
    2.Those sweet anatomy dvd's with the Model that has magnetic joints
    3.Some cool hard to find action figures, like the deadpool marvel legends or the mcfarlane movie manics ash.

Im giving my brother a bottle of georgio armani aqua di gio and a sweet jacket. I hoping it will help him out with the ladies.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    1. HalfLife2
    2. XSI Foundation
    3. Chapstick...damn it's cold.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    1. A 1GB CF card.
    2. The CF card probably counts as art related because I could stuff it into a digicam. If I had one.
    3. Hm, skill?

Haven't really thought about the giving bit...
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    hmm I want one of these too(just saw it):
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    i'm getting
    CoD deluxe edition (w/united offensive XP)
    angel season 5 boxset 1
    ultimate spider-man 'carnage' tpb
    dale brown's dreamland: armageddon novel
    the star trek star charts.
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    1.) Some nice film lights with barndoors and softboxes
    2.) An 11x20ft greenscreen with stands
    3.) Umm, didn't really ask for anything silly.
    Best gift I am giving is a pair of diamond earrings for my girlfriend. Hope they suffice since we bought a house this year we really don't have much money to spend on one another.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    "the star trek star charts"
    NERD ALERT!!
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    It's already in a box with a bow just waitin' till Christmas morn. An Autographed Dimebag Darell 333 Camo Washburn guitar.
    333camo.jpgcool.gif
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh, come on, GR, like a spider-man book and an angel boxset doesn't qualify as well?!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Sal: great present! smile.gif
    Now I just saw this today, and I already want one - trouble is they're about £3500 ($6500 approx.) ... yowch!

http://www.bmusic.com.au/prod3568.htm

Chances are I'd be the only guy in the country with one though wink.gif
  • Nerd Groupie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerd Groupie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Best gift I am giving is a pair of diamond earrings for my girlfriend. Hope they suffice since we bought a house this year we really don't have much money to spend on one another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can probably almost guarantee that's better than what Im getting from the boyfriend. At least I won't have to pay for my own Christmas present...like I did for my birthday.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aaaaw, poor groupie! *hugs*
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    My favorate gift I am giving, are the portraits I did of my family, and then I am going to take them all out to Ruth Chris during the holidays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now why would you take a bunch of portraits out for steak dinner? Hmm, I guess it *would* be cheaper. smile.gif

About the question, all I really want is the super deluxe ROTK DVD set. My wife and are trying to save money.
  • DjGasta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DjGasta polycounter lvl 18
    I want free time to play games or something.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    mopPeR: that is an awesome piece. Neck thru and all....jeez that's beautiful. I'd love to try that baby out. grin.gif
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Lets see, what would I like for christmas eh?

1. 512 mb of PC3200 Kingston Hyper-X Ram
    2. H.R. Giger's Necronomicon
    3. Pajama Pants

I think my favorite gift I'm giving would be, a tatoo I'm designing for a friend. It's basically one of those sacred hearts with flames shooting out of the top, and has a burnt banner saying "never die". She kept begging me to do it for her, but I wanted to save it for a chirstmas gift.

Isn't it great to be artistic, you can save money, and also give nice "heart felt" gifts.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Neo_God: Yep, being artistic is always a bonus ... I painted my sister an oil painting for her birthday, it was probably cheaper than buying a CD or something, was more fun to do, gives a feeling of accomplishment and the "heart felt" thing is certainly more evident, I reckon. I would have probably done one for my parents for Christmas but I didn't have time. I'm thinking of doing a set of posters soon...
  • Jes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    A new ..\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\ImageReady.exe in my mailbox! mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Hrmm, forgot to add my mail address - jesper.dk@stofanet.dk... smirk.gif
    But anyway, it's just one executable.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    Global peace.

Sleep.

More gaming time.

A tumor to grow in the lower quadrant of the kid that won't turn down his music.

Happy Holidays.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    Half Life 2.
    that's the ONLY thing i asked for this year.

need some money and a job.
    moving in with my girlfriend after christmas. well i guess i have already, just havent taken more than clothes to her place.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Back scratchers (already got it).
    HL2 art book (already got it).

Don't really want much else so everything I get this season will be a surprise.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    1) Engine / tranny overhaul for my vette (or a job, but the overhaul'd probably be easier to get)
    2) The WoW artbook
    3) Shelving for all of my shotglass collection!

Best gift i'm giving is a pair of gift cards for my parents.. one for Home Depot and one for Starbucks... their two homes-away-from-home.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    1.) Books ( My list is huge)
    2.) A Scanner
    3.) M1940 Cavalry Boots.

Scott
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    -An Audigy 2 ZS for my notebook. I didn't think I'd care, but the built-in sound has added "wretched" to my common vocabulary.
    -The will to get a lot of animation done during the remaining 2/3 of my vacation, in which sitting in front of a computer is feeling like a poor use of time.
    -The flight attendant on my Casper-SLC flight yesterday!
  • JonMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonMurphy polycounter lvl 18
    - My girlfriend to have Christmas off work so we could spend it together (not going to happen)
    - Tripod and flash for my digital camera
    - My bike to magicly heal itself... why isn't it made from an organic plastic and memory metals?
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1) Time, since I know I won't get it (even tho I put it down every year) I would have to go with most wanted gift #2. My new Guinness hat. We saw it a few weeks back I tried it on and my wife said those dreaded words. It's too close to christmas... I was sunk, but I fired back with get it now, hide it and give it to me for Xmas. Should have put my husbandly foot down all the way but she was having trouble this year coming up with stuff to get me, so I let her have one. Hardest wait I have had in a long time, and I don't really know why... its a hat... I hardly wear them...

2) I have quite a few art and referance related things down on my list, mostly how to or photography books that make good referance art. I can't name one over all the rest.

3) Time... Every year I put it down, and every year I don't get any more of it. Oh I also put down an RC hovercraft because ever as a kid I put it down in big caps with pictures and ads stapled to my list and never got one. So as a joke I always put it down. My wife almost tried to right (what she thought) was a childhood wrong. But I made her see it was only a joke, I put on my XMAS list my parents ask for. SINCE one year they lead me to believe I was getting one and then got a bike. I was excited because well, I was ridding a bananna seat bike to school and the pointing and laughing would stop... but heart broken because I really wanted the RC hovercraft.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    I want my hands to heal.
    I want to spend time with my wife and daughter and generally just relax.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I want my hands to heal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this come in grey, because I would like this too. smirk.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    bear: heh, yeah yeah yeah!
  • Jes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    Oh, and another thing... One of the things I've wished for Christmas just came in the mail...

Miiiiine.jpg

1 piece of Outlaw Star - Perfect Collection.... Me so happy!!! poly112.gif
  • neolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    My car fixed so I can get home for christmas... frown.gif
  • Jinxter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jinxter polycounter lvl 18
    All I would like is more time...as I am now in DLI studying Japanese...time is a commodity of which I do NOT have...
    ...though a new Intuous3 6x8 board would be fun to play with...
  • JBoskma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JBoskma polycounter lvl 18
    some cool ideas for models, or friends would be nice
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    I just now got my DSL working. Thanks, Santa, your elf support techs are 733T D00DZ!

/jzero