Home General Discussion

Chronicles of Narnia

FatAssasin
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
I read all the books as a kid. This looks like it's going to be cool, especially with Weta on board.

Narnia

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Wow! I still have all the books, I haven't read them recently though. Probably should do again, it's a great series.
    That looks like it will be very cool, yes! Thanks for the info smile.gif
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I forgot all about this movie, I remember reading something about it awhile ago.

Heh, I still have all the books aswell, I also have the old tv mini-series on tape.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
  • Nerd Groupie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerd Groupie polycounter lvl 18
    The boyfriend will be stoked. Other than Anne Rice, these are the only books he's read voluntarily.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Hm. I really don't know that TLTW&TW would be that compelling on screen. Both it and Prince Caspian are pretty short, in terms of what goes on in the time the children are there - they might be good in their own right, but I think many will compare them to LotR, and I can't see them living up to that sort of epic.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I'd love to see the land of Charn (from The Magician's Nephew) recreated on the big screen. If they pulled it off right it'd be really impressive and atmospheric, I reckon.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    you guys do realize it was already made into a movie series a *long* time ago? go dig it up and enjoy it.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    nice to see WETA handeling the props and costumes.

haven't read the novels but they are on the 'would like to read one day' list

*edited because 'on' is spelled with an 'o' not an 'a'
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'd love to see the land of Charn (from The Magician's Nephew) recreated on the big screen. If they pulled it off right it'd be really impressive and atmospheric, I reckon.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I wrote my first post, I was thinking that I'd really like to see The Horse And His Boy done as a film, but it's the one most likely to be left out as it is totally adjacent to the main storyline. Seeing Tashbaan on a big screen would be neat.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Dammit. Had my hopes up until I saw Disney.
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    you guys do realize it was already made into a movie series a *long* time ago? go dig it up and enjoy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I've even got it on VHS. Doesn't mean someone else can't have a crack at it.

I kind of doubt they'll do the entire series though, unless the first one is a major blockbuster. LOTR was one story to begin with, just split into three books. The Narnia books are all distinct stories, and from what I remember they're not even presented in the correct chronological order.

Have any of you guys ever seen (or read) Shadowlands, about CS Lewis? It's an awesome movie, but probably the second saddest I've ever seen. Check it out if you get the chance.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    LoTR reigns supreme for obvious reasons, but Tolkien and Lewis were very good friends. i regretably have not read all the Narnia books yet but i enjoy Lewis' work very much--his 'Screwtape Letters' and his Space trilogy are really excellent reads that unlike what some people have trouble with Tolkien with (dense and slowish) Lewis' writing still feels pretty fresh. thanks for the reminder to get that on my reading list though smile.gif
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome. I loved the Narnia books and movies when I was a kid.
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    These books are great, I loved the tv mini series as well, I remember an episode where the actor from Willow was dressed up as a rat, as well they had one of the Doctor Who's on the show for a while playing the marsh wiggle. I agree with the caution of introducing disney though as they could totally shantify the whole movie. I hope they don't try to make it into a censored kiddie movie and start removing content left and right.

http://www.narnia.com/movie/index.htm