Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female warrior chick

FatAssasin
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
I have some old models laying around that need texturing, so I thought I'd start with this one. This was originally made for UT2K3, so the head uv's are on one texture and the body is on another. I've finished the head and now it's on to the body. My texture skills are a little rusty, so this might take a while. Crits welcome.

The texture is 1024x1024 (I might halve that when I get the body done, the head doesn't really call for that big of a texture), the render is with 100% self-illumination, and there's an environment map on the metal bits. But I'm making sure not to render anything that can't be recreated in today's average game engines, like self-reflections.

aellessaTextured01.jpg

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Cool model. Texture has a nice style too, although I would recommend pushing the shadows (and to a lesser extent, the highlights) on the metal to be a little more contrasted - it's looking a bit flat at the moment. Also a few more off-white tiny thin highlights here and there on the hair would go a long way, I reckon.
    Looks very nice though, keep it up.

MoP
  • qubism
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    qubism polycounter lvl 18
    somebody please forbid these tattoos around the eye !
    :P

nice model
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aw, come on. It makes her "tough" and "bad-ass". No self respecting warrior chick would be caught dead without one.

Plus, I needed a reason to justify not mirroring the face uv's. smile.gif
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    Lookin' good.
    Really like the gold crown and neckless.
    I would like to see her with green eyes. They are nice and bright now but green eyes + red hair = sssssexy smile.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Its looking good man, the model is my favorate part. I think the face, by going with those colors for the light and the dark, you have given it the appearence of being made out of doll vinyl. I'm with mop on pushing the shadows and highlights. On the face the lips are looking pretty dull with those desaturated shadows. Red them up a bit, and it will help I think.
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    i agree with qube, get rid of the mike tyson tattoo that i see every game model with these days, and if you want to make her badass, give her a scar going through one eye, and make that eye have like a whitish pupil. also, i think the white skin color that you have on the model shot would be much cooler than regular pink flesh, you could make her like an evil ice princess or something. but my rambling aside, it is definitely a tight model. smile.gif
  • Bradfordart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bradfordart polycounter lvl 18
    Great model; good topology. However I would push you facial features a little larger and push more forms into the texture like the others have stated. Nice to see the pose.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Also just my opinions here don't shoot me. smile.gif In my minds eye when I think of a warrior chick she'd probably have alot of black on, the gold tiarra makes me think of a princess that would be above such behaviour.. smile.gif Make it like black onyx or something and it becomes a little more warrioresque.. smile.gif I'm a nobody tho.. smile.gif
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Plus, I needed a reason to justify not mirroring the face uv's. smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Scars, maybe?

Frank the Avenger
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I gave the wrong impression of who she's supposed to be. I was really just being sarcastic with the bad-ass comment, I never meant her to be a scary fighter type. Think Arwen as opposed to Darth Maul. She's a really powerful magic user with some good hand to hand training, on the side of good.

But thanks for all the comments, I'll post an update when I have something worthwhile to show.
  • Jinxter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jinxter polycounter lvl 18
    nice clean lines on this model...looks like it will deform well.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    Assasin, nice work, very sweet and feminine, she could kill me anyday. smile.gif
  • KevinCoyle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KevinCoyle polycounter lvl 18
    Excellent model, I look forward to seeing it textured. My only suggestion on the texture would be more contrast in the hair but otherwise looking great so far.