Home General Discussion

Half Life 2 up for grabs

jack_blackSISCO
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
jack_blackSISCO polycounter lvl 18
Perfect condition. Box, cd's, hell even the price tag. It runs pretty crappy on my PC (out of date) but if anyone here at polycount that lives in the LA or Orange County area wants a cheap copy of HL2, let me know.

$25.00 only installed and attempted to use once.
Interested candidates please respond to this post. I ask that you please live in this area to buy. (I don't want to deal with the Shipping hassle)
Thanks

Replies

• Steve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve polycounter lvl 18
    Is it even possible to resell a copy like that? I thought the cd-key would be registered permanently to the original users Steam account.

( I'm not sure though, could well be wrong..)
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    It sucks, but you are not allowed to resell hl2, nor would just selling the disk alone work, the buyer would have to re register the steam account needed to enable it, and it says in big bold letters hidden in the EULA that no transfer of that type is permitted etc etc, you are not even supposed to give it to your little brother when you are finished frown.gif

tpe
  • jack_blackSISCO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jack_blackSISCO polycounter lvl 18
    oh well, if i cannot do it through Polycount then i will have to find another means of selling it. The only alternitive is getting an upgrade on my computer. HELL NO. I just dont' see the need to spend that cash right now.
    Ah well, thanks for the info guys. smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    you are not even supposed to give it to your little brother when you are finished frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that stinks.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    tpe: Bullshit. I read the entire HL2 EULA (I do that for untrustworthy software) and it explicitely states that you are allowed to "permanently transfer the license", which is legalese for "sell the game". Perhaps we should contact Valve's or Vivendi's customer support on how to do that since they'd be liable for breach of contract if that didn't work.
  • RickA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RickA polycounter lvl 18
    I've been checking out the SteamPowered forums for a while now just for giggles, and to fuel my hate against Steam. And although it might say that in EULA (don't know, don't have the game), the things I have read on those forums lead me to believe that if you are allowed to resell it, you'll have to pay Valve 10 dollars to move the CD-Key to a new account.
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    Damit, had to go and troll those nasty steam forums again (there are hundreds of posts on selling it, eugh)

It is kind of odd, the general concensus seems to be that you can transfere your HL2 licence from one steam account to another steam account, however to do so on the retail version you have to transfere your cd key to the new account (as they are not alowed to use your account in your name but must use their own). There is a provision for this...
    http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...lPTE*&p_li=

but it is not available at present

http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...mZXI*&p_li=

so although it is legal to sell your user agreement (as stipulated in fair rights etc) it is just not possible at the moment...

So whot does all that mean?

tpe
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18