Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warrior WIP crits needed

Kovac
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Kovac polycounter lvl 18
Hey all,
This is my first post on the new boards since the old one vanished. I'm in strong need of crits on my current WIP I'd like to do. This is only my third or so attempt at organic modeling and while I know it takes a lot of practice, I feel like I'm having a very hard time grasping the whole edge-loop and proper flow thing (which is probably because I've only been modeling for a short time now). This is about 3 1/2 hours of work. Please give me any advice I can take (the anatomy isn't supposed to be human but more fantasy based, since I did the front reference off a Cloud Strife image). I was left without a side view so I was forced to wing it (with some help of looking at Bo-BO's newest model which is FABULOUS). Thanks for the help in advance guys!

head1.jpg
head2.jpg

Replies

• steady
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    Looking good so far. Is it a guy or a gal? I could foresee it being a pale bald chick, some villain similar to the bad guy in SW:KOTOR. I don't know much about edge loop flow but it seems to be good so far. Let's see some more!
  • Kovac
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks steady.
    Like I said I'm new to this whole organic modeling thing so I'm failing to get the man look to it. I'm hoping a skin will define it to be more manlike but I don't know how much it'll do so. I too see the pale bald chick in it, but any crits to give it more definition towards manliness (while still having the fantasy style proportions) would be greatly appreciated.
  • Equinoxx
    Offline / Send Message
    Equinoxx polycounter lvl 18
    I think the main thing that leans this towards feminin are the big eyes. Man seldom have eyes that big