Home General Discussion

beauty check

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
CrazyButcher polycounter lvl 18
it may have been posted before as it is a bit older but anyway.
university did some research about beauty of faces and analyzed images / mixed them ...

http://www.uni-regensburg.de/Fakultaeten...glish/index.htm

Replies

• JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    I have seen this before, and still think that the beauty of the synthetic face is mostly due to the removal of the skin pores. Exspecially those Miss Germany comparisms are like comparig appels to oranges, since those pictures are without makeup and also bad light, while those synthetic faces have perfect light and (due to the smoothing effect) also some sort of pseudo makeup.
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    Those pictures of the russian beauty contestants were horrible. No wonder the cleaned up "virual beauty" has prefered. I'd like to see the same test between virtual girls and women that have spent some time with a makeup artist, hair stylist, and a real photographer.

You might also want to check out Marquardt Beauty Analysis
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, it is a bit of a dumb comparison there. And tbh i've seen more attractive women than their example of the "perfect" female face. But then again, they're doing it based on statistics and mathematics, instead of perception and feeling smile.gif

Is is just me, or does the woman in the Flash animation on the link FatAssasin posted look like Scarlett Johansson?
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with FatAssassin, compare the virtual faces to the airbrushed faces you see on magazines, not some woman who looks like she just woke up after night of heavy drinking.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    If you're dating an ugly chick who wears a lot of makeup, you're still dating an ugly chick. I like women who still look hot in the mornings.
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    I dig girls who look great without makeup as well. Girls who wear makeup actually turn me off.. due to the fact they are simply wearing makeup, and might mean that they are insecure about the way they look, so they need stuff to enhance. Mann.. girls who just liek they way they are are the greatest.
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    Kleinluka...You lucky bastard! I like the Bremen the best, I'll take 3 please.

bremen.jpg