Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP I am a viking

Father_Brandon
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Father_Brandon polycounter lvl 18
Working on the viking model after I finished the dandy pirate lad a while ago. any cc is incouraged! Its for a HL 2 mod called Tavern Tales. thats the 3rd person sword.

IamAviking.JPG

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I am a viiiiiiiking... I'm heading out to waaar... *sings*

Er, yeah. Looks good so far. The thumb seems a little long, and personally I'd model it in a more natural relaxed pose - it takes quite a lot of effort to hold the thumb at that particular angle for any length of time so you'd just end up moving it after you rigged anyway, so why not do it now? smile.gif

Can I see a closer-up shot of the face, with clearer wires? Like maybe black wireframes on grey material, grey on grey kinda makes it hard to see the poly usage and mesh flow.

MoP
  • Father_Brandon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As the shores of my home dissapear... I sail over the seas, without feee-ar! \m/ Yngwie Malmsteen cool.gif

I haven't yet figured out how to change the mesh colour.. blush.gif
  • Father_Brandon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    annd by my sword you shall be slaain* cough.*

Since Im still looking for the mesh colour prefs, here is one I quickly nabbed a render of, he is still mirrored and I have made his thumb slightly stubbyer(word?)

viking2.jpg
  • Eli_Heuer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eli_Heuer polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with Mop. Looking good so far. Just move the thumb to a more relaxed position.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    The wireframe colour display will change if you change the object's colour (not the material editor!).
    You'll find this setting over on the right of the Max user interface, next to where you type in the names of objects.

And yeah, it is a cool song indeed, although Malmsteen does get a little tiring fairly fast. I prefer Racer X and Impellitteri myself smile.gif
  • Father_Brandon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ignore the eyes and over polied lips crazy.gif I was changeing the object colour, and the only way it seemed for me to get a black wireframe was to select the objects colour to black.. which didn't look very visible blush.gif I have to go to bed, working nightshift tommorow wink.gif.
    face.JPG

oh BTW is this what you meant by a more relaxed thumb?
    viking.jpg
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thumb looks way too long, other than that its looking good
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    What strikes me as odd is that the armor seems to be build around the beard, as if it alone was enought to protect the upper body, or is that a shirt??? Ok it looks more like a shirt, except for the shoulder "straps".
  • Father_Brandon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its going to be a chainmail apron, but yeah im going to be nmoving the beard around. thanks for suggestions.