Home General Discussion

UT2004 MODs

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
With so many Mods to choose from, here is a small list of Mods that I tested and are worth downloading. Additions are welcome wink.gif

Alien Swarm ( http://www.blackcatgames.com/swarm/ ) Singleplayer & Multiplayer (coop); Action Strategy; Topdown view; full price game quality; ~110MB

Clone Bandits ( http://www.demiurgestudios.com/CloneBandits/ )
Multiplayer (team); FPS similar to onslaught; Fun post apocalyptic setting; above average Mod quality; ~50MB

Red Orchestra ( http://redorchestramod.gameservers.net/ )
WW2 Multiplayer FPS (team); Infantry and Tanks; Winner of the "Make something Unreal contest"; full price game quality; ~550MB

Shattered Oasis ( http://www.shatteredoasis.com/ )
Multiplayer FPS (team); Post apocalyptic setting; Gameplay: TeamDM & Mixture Onslaught/Domination; above average Mod quality; ~290MB

Unreal Tournament Expanded Multiplayer ( http://www.free-monkey.com/main/ )

Multiplayer FPS (team); Mixture Onslaught/Tribes2/TeamFortress; Originally the multiplayer expansion of Unreal2; full price game quality; ~290MB

One of the reasons I post this is because these are great Mods, but there arn't very many people playing them. In other words: get everyone you know to try these out tongue.gif

P.S: Get Linux installers for all the Mods above here:
http://www.liflg.org/

Replies

• MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    I've got to say that Red orchestra is a truly amazing mod, (infact the only one i play) its a shame there are so few servers for such great mods. Cant quite figure out why epic had such bad luck in this area given all that they put into it.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    For something different: Damnation
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    I tried Red Orchestra, and liked it. The tanks feel "right" compared to the real ones, The rifle performance is pretty good. the maps are HAAARD (as they should be). :-). So other than Austin TX based server, are there any other good ones?

I've played Clone Bandits and its a lot of fun, too, it needs more maps though.

Scott
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    strike force is good (www.strikeforce2004.com)

SAS: into the lion's den has to be mentioned for it's british-ness (sas.jolt.co.uk)

frag ops is reasonable as long as you don't mind buying your weapons and ammo CS-style, but they do have some nice models.

i liked troopers, but some of the maps were borked. they may have fixed this, i dunno
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Im in a mod, but its way too early to play it up. What sucks though is the time its all finished. Unreal Engine 3 will be out.

Also I would love to play mods. But simply dont have the bandwidth to download. I think alot of people forget that. Even people with higher bandwidths. You have to go through all these hoops on file planet and other sites to get it. Thats why even things like CBP people never seems to have.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There should be some sort of CD-R service where you can order CDs with those mods on for approx the price of shipping. There is something like that for Linux CDs, but there is probably some legal reason why this can't be done for UT2004 Mods frown.gif

PC-Gameing Mags, could maybe include more of thse mods on their DVDs, but again there might be legal issues.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    PCG and PC Zone in the uk often include mods and the CBPs on their DVDs. that's how i got the ECE and how i've played all the mods i mentioned. PCG did one disc that had 2.5GB worth of UT2004 mods alone on it one month, including air buccaneers, alien swarm, deathball, frag ops, jungle warfare,, neo tokyo, red orchestra, troopers and unwheel.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One of the download services (File Front?) will burn and send you a CD, though that costs money for shipping and burnig), but they do it.

Scott
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I'm pretty sure Fileplanet offer CD burning services for the price of the shipping and CD-R. I'm certain they did last year, haven't checked recently though.
    Probably a good idea if there are a lot of big files that you want to get, and you don't have broadband.
  • Jes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    I felt RO and Troopers to be "slow"... frown.gif
    UTXMP is like Tribes2, but, just as with the U2 version, it kinda dragged.. :/

I'm in on a game of AlienSwarm any day though. smile.gif
  • sniper 1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sniper 1 polycounter lvl 18
    All I play lately is Alien Swarm. I love the co-op aspect. I am currently on a team trying to put out a community campaign. AS has a small but dedicated community.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Do you want fileplanet and gamespy to know your email and home address?

Sorry, its just not worth it once my information makes the advertisment and spam rounds.
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    For something different: Damnation

[/ QUOTE ]

Prob the best mod out there. I played this one just after I played HL2 and still enjoyed it.

Clone Bandits was very good too. Easyly the most fun.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I felt RO and Troopers to be "slow"... frown.gif
    UTXMP is like Tribes2, but, just as with the U2 version, it kinda dragged.. :/

I'm in on a game of AlienSwarm any day though. smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, that's why I like these games. Bellycrawling through the snow, hiding under a tree with my trusty scoped Mosin Nagant Rifle, ready to pop Nazi Heads while they least expect it. Or grinding through the contryside in a T-34, and using a Tnak like it was made to be used. mmmMMMmmm. I like the games slow. Regular UT Maps like 2 Forts just leave me cold.

Scott
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    UT maps like 2Forts? That's a map from Team Fortress!
  • Jes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    Quake Team Fortress! tongue.gif

I feel like bashing people's heads whenever they say that map was first introduced in TFC... mad.gif
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I've got to say that Red orchestra is a truly amazing mod, (infact the only one i play) its a shame there are so few servers for such great mods. Cant quite figure out why epic had such bad luck in this area given all that they put into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the major problem, i have red orchestra, and i see maybe 5 servers that have people in them, and when i join one with a decent amount of people it's on a map i dont like.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    thats the major problem, i have red orchestra, and i see maybe 5 servers that have people in them, and when i join one with a decent amount of people it's on a map i dont like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just stay on the server and vote for a better map on the next level change wink.gif
    RedOrchestra is worth suffering through the (very) few bad maps tongue.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Quake Team Fortress! tongue.gif

I feel like bashing people's heads whenever they say that map was first introduced in TFC... mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I wrote Team Fortress, not Team Fortress Classic.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So, anyone up for a little RO, sometime?

Scott
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    i gota say thanks JK, ive been playing AlienSwarm all day , and i love it... there are so few coop games being made now days , and such high demand...