Home General Discussion

Peterson found guilty - faces death.

frosty
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
frosty polycounter lvl 18
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6471310?GT1=5870

I guess evidence does not mean crap anymore in America.

Not enough evidence existed to convict him. Nothing like an emotional jury to decide your fate. Nothing like people deciding how they FEEL than how they think and reviewing real evidence. This focker is an appeal waiting to happen.

Replies

• mr.toast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr.toast polycounter lvl 18
    you see none of this would happen if peterson only hired Jonnie Cochran
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toast rofl, and I can't believe O.J. got off!
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6471310?GT1=5870

I guess evidence does not mean crap anymore in America.

Not enough evidence existed to convict him. Nothing like an emotional jury to decide your fate. Nothing like people deciding how they FEEL than how they think and reviewing real evidence. This focker is an appeal waiting to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like you watched some news station, where some correspondent came on and said what you said...

so you mean to tell me, that if a jury decides 100% guilty with 100% death recommendation, that there was not enough evidence? come on
  • NoSeRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoSeRider polycounter lvl 18
    I know what frosty is getting at.

There wasn't any forensic evidence, and very circumstantial at best. I think he did it, I'm just not certain of it...so how can you be certain you should put a person to death?
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    Regardless of anything else, he portrayed himself as a very smug, arrogant asshole.
    You should not portray yourself as a very smug, arrogant asshole to the people who hold your very life in their hands.

Anyway with over 600 people on deathrow and only 10 or so executions in like the last 20 years or so, they basically gave him life anyway.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    ...so how can you be certain you should put a person to death?

[/ QUOTE ]

And this in a nutshell is what's wrong with the death penalty. Killing him doesn't bring Laci and the baby back; it's vindictive at best and the murder of an innocent man at worst.
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I know what frosty is getting at.

There wasn't any forensic evidence, and very circumstantial at best. I think he did it, I'm just not certain of it...so how can you be certain you should put a person to death?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not being at the trial, none of us knows all the evidence or what was really proven or not.

I realize we now live in the "CSI Era" where people want DNA and other forensic evidence to back up their convictions and sentences.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

Anyway with over 600 people on deathrow and only 10 or so executions in like the last 20 years or so, they basically gave him life anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

that in my opinion is the main thing thats wrong with the death penalty, if you are going to do something, then do it,
  • mr.toast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr.toast polycounter lvl 18
    i bet he wont be executed till he is in his 60's
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    he won't be executed at all, the judge has the ultimate decision, and he won't risk a man's life over his reputation (well at least I hope he won't). he should definitely serve prison time, until something happens in the future
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    The media says he is a bad man! KILL him dead! The media has spoken! </sarcasm>
  • JBoskma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JBoskma polycounter lvl 18
    I'm glad that we don't have the death penalty in Europe. But in some cases (that US sniper guy with his son for instance) I would prefer a tortura penalty or something.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well Sonic, no actually I followed the trial from the start to finish because I am a pathetic loser. smile.gif I watched the start of it and lost all respect for Nanacy Grace who is an emotional roller coaster who should be dumped. And I went in both army boots on thinking he was guilty and did it. But as NO real evidence came out, more and more he was not legally guilty. He was morally guilty of being a fornicator, adulter, ahole as Duke put it, and practised Liar. I am not myself so sure he did not do it, but the only evidence is that he was fishing near where the bodies washed up. That is not evidence that is funky, but not proof. He may have known who killed her and covered it up in hopes of winning, but the whole thing did not surface evidence. But he will live out his life on appeals and waiting behind the other 600 death row chaps.

Had he not dyed his hair, hung out with hookers and kept talking to Amber, he would prolly have gotten off. But at least it is over and I don't have to hear emotional Nancy Grace have one snit fit after another.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    I live one city over from Redwood City, and know that courhouse well due to speeding tickets. I listened to the press conference, and the Three Jury members they talked to came across as sound, and very humbled by the experience, but they talked the decision over with themselves to make sure they were doing the right thing, and were well aware of the gravity of the situatution, and what they were being asked. It actualy gives me a better appreciation of the process, listening to them talk about it aftewards. As one of them said, "If the body had turned up in a ditch, or in Yosmite Park, we would not be here. But the fact was her body turned up where the tide expert said it woud have, before they found it, if Peterson had dumped the body near where he was "fishing"". The Jury wasn't stupid. Most of the jury thought he was probably innocent going in.

Scott

Scott