Home General Discussion

Batman Begins International Trailer

FatAssasin
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
I believe this is new. Forgive me if you've seen it already. Personally, I can't wait. This looks awesome.

Check it out

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Yah, I love the atmosphere of the whole thing. Very angsty (as I already said in another thread). And angsty is right up my isle.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Looks cool. I have high hopes for this after the abysmal horrors that were the last (4? that many?!) "Batman" movies.
  • Bradfordart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bradfordart polycounter lvl 18
    Tim Burton's Batman (the first one only) remains as one of my favorite films. It was dark, gritty, and has splints of real humor when needed.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Tim Burton also did the second one - you mean you only liked the first one? I tend to agree with that. The second one had its moments, but the literal use of penguins with the Penguin was just way too much.

Batman Begins shows all the signs of kicking serious ass. I hope Bale loves playing the character as much I think I'll love seeing him as Batman; it'd be great to get three or four solid films with some real continuity...
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    batman was great
    batman returns was good
    batman forever was ok
    batman and robin had alicia silverstone in PVC...
  • Vermeulen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vermeulen polycounter lvl 18
    I really hope they go with Bain for this story, or redo the Joker. I also hope they make no reference to the old batman movies at all
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Its The Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Wasn't Bain in Batman and Robin, used basically as a quick walk in and get killed villain?
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's 'Bane', fellas wink.gif And yes, he was a pointless sidekick in B&R.
  • Vermeulen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vermeulen polycounter lvl 18
    yeah sorry it was bane not bain

but the story of him is actually really really good, without a doubt the best batman villain
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, I don't agree with that - the story was interesting, but he was basically a steroid junkie with a Mexican wrestling mask on. Not much of a personality, either. The Knightfall plot was great, no doubt, but I preferred the second half of it(Batman vs. Azrael) to the first half.

I don't think there's any way the Bane storyline could be pulled off in a film. You need to show Batman being worn down by all of the Arkham escapees (almost a film in itself), his defeat to Bane, his long recovery from the broken back and some sort of resolution with Bane (assuming the Azrael part is cut out). That's too much to cover in anything less than a two-parter, and devoting that much energy to a recent character like Bane (and maybe Azrael) at the expensive of decades-old fan favorites just isn't going to happen. Batman's gallery of rogues is the most colorful in comic books, and the average moviegoer is going to want to see the Joker, Two-Face, Catwoman, etc, and so DC will give it to them. Frankly, I'm surprised the new film is going with Ra's and Scarecrow; while I want to see them on the big screen, they're definitely second-stringers.

That said, I'd love to see AzBats on the big screen. Jean Paul Valley, now that guy was interesting...
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the idea was to make a movie with more realistic villains and not such fantastical loony villains, grounding it in reality more. warners also apparently asked that they not contradict anything from the previous movies. personally i hope someone sees that as a mistake and they put in the joker et al in the sequels assuming there are any. and dear god, i hope they don't go with multiple villains like the last ones...
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    you mean like ra's al ghul, scarecrow and carmine falcone in begins?
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I'm not familiar with the background of the character, but surely someone running around dressed as a scarecrow is as fantasically loony as a guy dressed as a scary clown...
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marine: uh...uh...uh...isn't that jenna jameson? *runs*

jacka, from what i hear he doesn't wear the costume most of the movie.
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    hmmm. just saw the trailer. I thought it would be just the same old one I had already seen.

this is going to be a pretty good movie or either they just showed all the good parts in the trailer.

confidence is still high!