Home General Discussion

blade trinity

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sundance polycounter lvl 18
rocking!!

better than blade 2, but not as good as blade 1.

abigail, WHAT A HOTTIE!!! nice bow too.

king, funniest mother in the damn series!!

Replies

• Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    i liked the movie a good bit it was fun, decent action, some funny parts,

found the Ipod comercials way over obvious, especialy the narative over her making playlists by the guy who's name i can't rember who was the comic relief,

more on him, i think his comic relief was way over done, i mean most all of it was funny, but like every line of his in the movie was a little funny quip. got old after a while, woulda been a bit better spcaced out more. the girl had no purpose in the movie cept generic sex apeal and to sell ipods, she did NOTHING worthwhile in the movie, shipes did good in the movie, and so did the bad guy girl, i thought HHH did ok in his first movie role, there was parts where his acting seemed horible, but then others when it was decent

over all i give it a goo movie rating, fun and dumb in a good way
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Gotta agree with Mojo on the Ipod commercials, and the over-done comedy of that guy (I forget his name).
    Blatant branding in movies always pisses me off, Blade Trinity is almost as big an offender as I, Robot was... gah.
    Also notice the computers they were using were mainly iMacs...
    They might as well have had Snipes saying "With my new Apple personal organiser I will never be late for killing vampires!" or something, it would have been about as blatant.

Triple H was pretty cool I thought, he wasn't overused as a blatant cameo, and his acting was actually better than some of the more established actors.

Kris Kristofferson sleepwalked the role, they might as well have handed the role to an amateur drama student, he delivered his lines with absolutely no feeling or style at all. Likewise with Blade, what little he said sounded forced and wooden.

They spent altogether too much time on posing and "looking cool", like every time the good or bad guys walked into a building or down the street there was a slow-motion "swagger like you own the place" shot for a good half minute or so. Waste of time, yeah, yeah, we get the fact they're badass motherfuckers, now do something please.
    Similarly Blade spent a hell of a lot of time just standing still in a "tough guy" pose, guns in hand, ignoring events going on around him. Right at the start, he walks out of the burning building and all these vampires are jumping in cars and on bikes, but he just stands there staring at nothing while the camera pans up and down proving how damn cool he is. THEN just as they've all nearly got away, he starts shooting... just fairly pointless. YES, Wesley Snipes looks cool as Blade, but they don't have to remind me of it every 5 minutes with a gratuitous "cool stylish pose" shot.
    Bah.

The bad guy was cool though, and Jessica Biel was good eye candy, too, even if she didn't really serve much other purpose.

On the whole a mediocre film at best. Good action scenes, plenty of "cool", crappy everything else. The first was the best, 2nd was ok, and this was just a re-hash.

MoP
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    It was a steaming pile of wank. Fucking awful.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    They spent altogether too much time on posing and "looking cool", like every time the good or bad guys walked into a building or down the street there was a slow-motion "swagger like you own the place" shot for a good half minute or so. Waste of time, yeah, yeah, we get the fact they're badass motherfuckers, now do something please.
    Similarly Blade spent a hell of a lot of time just standing still in a "tough guy" pose, guns in hand, ignoring events going on around him. Right at the start, he walks out of the burning building and all these vampires are jumping in cars and on bikes, but he just stands there staring at nothing while the camera pans up and down proving how damn cool he is. THEN just as they've all nearly got away, he starts shooting... just fairly pointless. YES, Wesley Snipes looks cool as Blade, but they don't have to remind me of it every 5 minutes with a gratuitous "cool stylish pose" shot.

[/ QUOTE ]Sounds like a live action Dragon Ball.

Do they have any of those oh so amusing sequences like the flash bomb in Blade 2 - Flashbomb consists of a bunch of ultraviolet bulbs. They set it off and then run away from the light which travels around corners in a big wave, and then dive into water to escape it. I'm willing to suspend disbelief for a silly action fantasy movie, but that might be pushing the laws of physics a wee bit too far.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    Be candid Rick, be candid smile.gif

• Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    lol, what is a steaming pile of "wank"?
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    means he thinks it was shit.
  • Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    I saw it on Sunday with some mates- the product placement was a bit shitty but as a no brainer action movie, I think it did it's job fairly well

It's got me inspired to think about doing some mid poly models based on the characters, just need to wait for this busy period at work to die down....