Home Technical Talk

To Mr. Conor O'Kane - About your Mapping Tutorial

jehuty
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
jehuty polycounter lvl 18
hello conor,

first of all, your mapping tutorial is AWESOME man... i was waiting for this all my life... no, really it gave me a big push forward in my mapping skill. thanks to you...

i have some related quastions to your tutorial.

i made everything like you showed in the movie, also this "render to texture" step at the end... but i ended up with the 2 errors...
1. when i was ready to render it said "no related slot" but i figured that one out... so no problem here....
2. when you make that sky light, you just click on it, create one in the top view and put it over the model. well i did the same and my model ended up completly white... no shadows at all. so i went into the light properties and checked, under render, "cast shadows" but it took very long to render... and the shading looked rough... so i checked your movie again an saw that you did not check "cast shadows"... well i am a little confused now... can you help me? what did i do wrong?
also when you render, the shadowmap pops up immediately... or did you cut the "rendering frames" out of the video?

you also have to know that i am a totally complete NOOB in rendering, please do not expect any big knowlegde, when you try to explain me what i did wrong. smile.gif

please excuse my bad english...

would be nice if you can help me... i am totally lost in the woods here! wink.gif

please don't wonder if you find the same text in your mailbox... i just try to get a fast answer... have to finish my work.

jehuty

Replies