Home General Discussion

batman begins teaser poster

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sundance polycounter lvl 18
18400387.jpg

damn sight better than the lame-ass one that appeared earlier this month...

Replies

• JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    pretty pimp, though the bats look like paper cut outs =/
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    hmmm...hard to get excited over this one considering only the first 2 Batman movies were any good.
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    I'm betting this will be better than any of the previous smile.gif
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    christian bale heart.gif

it's a very real possibility that i would go gay for him.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    hmmm...hard to get excited over this one considering only the first 2 Batman movies were any good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know this film is completely unrelated to that run, right?
  • skankerzero
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That international poster is beautiful. Damned shame about the over-bright and poorly placed title text, it would be a more powerful composition without it.

batman.jpg

I wonder if this particular shot means we're going to get the story of how Bruce discovered the Batcave as a child, falling in from above it. While too big, obviously, the image itself looks pretty much like what I had always imagined of that scene...
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I like the feeling they're portraying with this new movie. Seems alomst angst-y
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you ever read Batman: Year One, Adam? It actually is rather angsty...
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    vermilion: I can just imagine the conversation between the poster's designer and the movie exec:

Exec: "Where's the title?"
    Designer: "There isn't one. This is a 'TEASER'. Besides, there isn't anyone who isn't going to know what movie this is."
    Exec: "Umm, I don't know. We don't want to take any chances. Here, let me fiddle with it."
    Comes back later...
    Exec: "There, much better, don't you think?"
    Designer: "uhhhhh..."
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I wonder if this particular shot means we're going to get the story of how Bruce discovered the Batcave as a child, falling in from above it. While too big, obviously, the image itself looks pretty much like what I had always imagined of that scene...

[/ QUOTE ]

If I didn't just dream this, I think the trailer that is out there has a short clip of him falling down the hole in the ground!

The only comic I have more of than AmSpiderman is all the various Batmans. If this picture gives me just a whiff of the Neal Adams Batman then I will be somewhat satisfied!

I have such high hopes for this flick!!
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    vermilion: I can just imagine the conversation between the poster's designer and the movie exec:

Exec: "Where's the title?"
    Designer: "There isn't one. This is a 'TEASER'. Besides, there isn't anyone who isn't going to know what movie this is."
    Exec: "Umm, I don't know. We don't want to take any chances. Here, let me fiddle with it."
    Comes back later...
    Exec: "There, much better, don't you think?"
    Designer: "uhhhhh..."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, after my 15 seconds of photoshop work there, I think this is exactly what happened. It looks like it was designed without the title and had that tacked on at the last minute.

Duke, that would be freaking cool. As awesome as the 1989 Batman was, it really can't be called an origin story. All we got was a brief Joe Chill flashback (who was retconned as the Joker), and nothing else but allusions that Batman has only recently started his crusade. As Jack asked, I want to know where he gets those wonderful toys, and I think this film's handling of that (things like the development of the Batmobile, certainly) will be one of the best things about it. If there is that classic cave-discovery sequence, that will be awesome.
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    The cave-discovery sequence was already in Batman and Robin, remember? And it didn't help that one any... tongue.gif Still, I have high hopes for this film just based on Christian Bale. I've always thought he'd be a good Batman.

Frank the Avenger
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually, no I don't remember anything from Batman & Robin. My hypnotherapy was completely successful, fortunately.