Home General Discussion

It's over. It's finally all over.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Creamy_Goodness polycounter lvl 18
> At around two this afternoon, I took my A+ Operating Systems Technologies exam. To cut a long story short, there were a lot of questions I knew, a lot I didn't know, and a shockingly high number of questions where the correct answer was "BOOT.INI". I didn't study the minimal RAM and hard drive space requirements of the different operating systems, because every source I checked gave me a different answer. I thought I was going to get away with it as I didn't see any such questions on the test, until the very last question which asked, "Which of the following Windows operating systems requires a minimum of 2GB of hard drive space with 650MB free?". After taking a quick post-test survey, I was given the results of the test...

Passing Score: 505
Candidate Score: 557
PASS/FAIL: PASS

> I couldn't help but do a big WOOT! after I got my results, although it wasn't as big as when I passed the Core Hardware exam. So now, after over two years of the on and off studdying of various prep books, practice tests, and online studdy materials, my A+ studdies have finally come to an end. I should be getting my diploma in the mail in four to six weeks, but I don't know exactly how I'm going to put it to use. I'm planning on working as a repair technician in a retail store, probably Best Buy or CompUSA, where I would fix the PCs of customers. But as for the rest of this month, I'm going to devote my time to finishing a computer I'm building from scratch, and to preparing for an archival backup of my data on the first of January.

Replies