Home General Discussion

No New Posts gone, only old remain

tpe
tpe
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
tpe polycounter lvl 18
Something strange has been happening on the boards recently.

When opening general discussion all the posts are old, none have the solid filled green icon, they all have the empty green outline next to them, and the more recent posts are missing, so it is no longer possible to see if anyone has added a comment to a more recent thread. Looking in active topics reveals the more recent posts but i was wondering what is causing them to dissapear from the general discussion topic index. Could it be some kind of coustom setting? it seems intermittant, and arrives on different PCs, so i dont think it is just a fault on my own ie install and i have tryed clearing cookies etc? Is there anyone else getting this? or found the cause?

thanks

tpe

Replies

• FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    I've seen this too. It happens when I click the link in one of the emails I get saying that someone responded to a thread. I haven't seen it happen if I navigate to the boards manually.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    I think it has to do something with your browser takeing the page from temp folder rather than d/l-ing it.
    I had similar problems on the old boards but if i refreshed the page it was all good smile.gif
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    Yah, it does the same to me. I have been trying to track down whether it is a client-side cookie deal or a server side deal and just quite honestly haven't had the time to really dig through it.
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    Unless everyone is getting it i guess it has to be client side? It happens a lot to me, both at home and at work, but the setups are the same, I cleared all offline content cookies and files etc and restarted ie and it still happened. It could also be that it is difficult to see as it may just look like there have been no new posts for a while?

tpe