Home General Discussion

The Dream Thread

KDR_11k
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
I think we need another thread where we can post our weird dreams.

I'll start:

This night I dreamt I was in a 1984-type police state. Apparently the police and surveillance was omnipresent and all citizens were required to have RFID tags implanted into them. My dream depicted the chips as a bit large and somehow only barely implanted into the skin with most of it showing out of the skin. Well anyway, my chip apparently went loose and fell off. It didn't drop to the ground, I took it into my hand but still I was scared because it was illegal not to be tagged. As a good citizen, I went to the next policeman and talked to him about the chip coming out and that I'd need to see a doctor to have it reimplanted. He was very friendly and understanding and I went off to see the doctor. It was the doctor I usually go to in real life (the dream played in a slightly altered version of my hometown, though a bit more modern). After disjointing my ring finger on the hand the chip was going to be implemented into (it seemed plausible to me in the dream) she started hitting my hand with a pair of scissors cutting way parts of the skin (randomly) to fit in the chip. The whole procedure was painful and unsuccessful, after inflicting a few random wounds she managed to break the chip so I'd have to search for another policeman to somehow get another one.
While the police never really acted against me I felt scared by them and the whole thing had an atmosphere of desperateness (I know there's a noun for that but I'm too tired to remember it).
I think at some time I ran through buildings I wasn't supposed to go through to take a shortcut, hoping the lack of the RFID would prevent the security systems from tracking me.

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    HOLY FUCKING HELL

You've just totally weirded me out here. I only got about 4 hours' sleep last night, and for some reason I woke up remembering a dream featuring a German guy called KDR. Seriously. That has totally screwed me up now. I was even considering making a thread on it this morning since it was so odd (I guess I must have been reading too much of the forums yesterday, or something must have stuck in my brain...)

Apologies, I mean no harm by it ... but ... weird!
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    WOW you can actually feel pain in your dreams?

/me has never ever felt pain while sleeping :S
  • Redlemons
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Redlemons polycounter lvl 18
    My favorite dream was about a year ago. In my dream I was suddenly aware that I was in the passenger seat of a car and I looked over and the driver was that maid/nanny from The Jetsons. She slowly turned her head to me and her eyes glowed red and she said 'Kill your parents.' I started laughing in my dream and it woke me up and then I was laughing in real life. My girlfriend woke up because I was laughing so hard and she got annoyed.

Good times...
  • Arco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arco polycounter lvl 18
    last night i had a dream that i was breaking a plastic coat hanger into little bits for no reason at all... I awoke this morning to find that I had indeed in my sleep broken a plastic coat hanger into little bits, that are now all over my room and in my bed.

The worst dream I have ever had is when i was trapped in my room and couldn't get out as something was blocking the door, infact I was sleep walking and had gone the wrong way in my sleep... I pulled a chest of drawers on top of myself and was woken up in great pain with broken mirror and glass lodged into my foot and of course a large chest of drawers had me pinned to the floor. very bloody scary.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Acro it would be better for everyone if they locked you up :P
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    You know, I can never remember my dreams. I remember them for maybe a few minutes after I awake, but after that my brain has no memory of the dream. Only a few from when I was a kid stick out but they're boring frown.gif
  • Cannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cannon polycounter lvl 18
    I have vague recollections of some disturbing nightmares, but little memory of any dreams.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    A couple nights ago I had a HL2 related dream. I had finished the game a few days earlier, and I hadn't played it since, so I don't know where the dream came from.

Anyway, so here's the dream: I was Gordon Freeman (of course), and I'm pretty sure the dream took place shortly after the end of HL2 (maybe a few days or a week). Everything was pitch black and I could hear bursts of MP7 sub-machinegun fire. Then my vision gradually faded back, and I was standing next to a citizen who was helping me fight off what was left of the Combine. We were on a narrow, up-hill street of City 17 (or, I guess it was City 17) and the citizen looked back at me, "Are you okay Freeman? Snap out of it, we don't have much time... this isn't over yet." He provided suppressing fire while I sprinted up the street towards one of the apartment buildings where a couple more citizens were waving me towards them. They directed me to a hole that had been blown in the wall. The building was in ruins and I had to crawl to the other end of the room where there was another opening, when all of a sudden I heard the "ting, ting, ting" of a grenade being thrown right behind me. I was panic-stricken and struggled to get out the other side before the grenade went off... when I was half-way through the hole in the wall, everything went into super slow-motion as the grenade exploded and I was thrown forward. Now I was in a small alley that appeared to be a total dead end (OH SHIT, I have Combine after me and absolutely no weapons to fight them off). Then I hear Gman behind me, "Ah, there he is. I told you we'd find him where there's trouble." I turn around to see the Gman standing next to some unfamiliar figure. The figure is standing to the right of Gman (my left), and slightly behind him. I don't remember much what he looked like, but he was in all black, and he was wearing some sort of ominous mask (I think it looked sort of like the Combine masks, but all black). He seemed to communicate to Gman without speaking. Gman finally noticed that I had noticed them, and turns to me to say, "Freeman, we've been looking all over for you. You seem to be in quite the pickle. It would appear that some of your 'friends' aren't so friendly after all, and have betrayed you. I warned you that no one was to be trusted." He looked back at the ominous figure, "...yes, I think he'll do just fine." There was a pause, then he continued, "If anyone is up for it, it's him. He may not look like much, but looks can be deceiving; he's the most capable human specimen you're likely to find."

Okay, this is where the dream starts to not make much sense.

The Gman says to me, "I guess I'm going to have to take care of your little predicament. Don't worry, your job here is done." Then things once again faded to black, and when I woke up, I was in a small, out-door coliseum that was at some unearthly location. There were all sorts of alien creatures that were spectators, and I was expected to solve some puzzle for them in the middle of the coliseum (no idea why). One particularly skeptical creature stood up and said that there was no way I'd be able to solve the puzzle, so I bet him $1000 that I could solve the puzzle in under 45 seconds. The puzzle was one of those "8 puzzles," where there's 3x3 tiles (one space is empty) and you move the tiles around into the correct order (click here to see an example). It was on a pretty large scale (each tile was about 4x4 feet), and I had to move the pieces with the gravity gun.

That's all I remember. The dialogue I wrote wasn't verbatim, because I had the dream a couple nights ago and I don't remember all of it.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    i had a disturbing dream this morning about agent smith from the matrix having cyclop's optic blasts, and being played by mark wahlberg and fighting trinity. oh and there was some shapechanging devil creature in it too.
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    Last night I probably had the closest dream to a nightmare I've had in over a decade. In it, my brother and I, for some reason were staying at some middle of nowhere motel area, run by this creepy guy. In the middle of the night, I wake up to see this dog staring at me from beside my bed. I shout over to my brother to wake up...but he doesn't listen...so I walk over to him (with the dog just glaring at me) to wake him up to ask about it. When I finally wake him up, and tell him to look at the dog...its gone.

At breakfast (it was complimentary with the room), the old guy sat down with us, and I saw the dog sitting in the corner of the room again. Of course no one was listening to me, and they were more intent on eating than what I had to say. Eventually the old guy piped up, and replied "That dog? Comes around here a lot, spooks the guests...cant get him to go away either, he doesn't have any tags, so I can't contact the owner...let alone command him by name"...

and at that moment I just stood up, really frightened...pointed at the dog, and said "I know who you are...your name is Azaree'al". At which the dog began to snarl at me...its fur began to turn black, its eyes red, and began to grow and become transparent. My brother and I bolted out of there...as did the old man...my brother was ahead of me on the way out, with the old man behind me.

We made it to his white, picket fence gate without much trouble...but we got stopped cause my brother in his fear couldn't get the latch undone. And then the old man began screaming, and clawing at my back "Help me!!! HE'S GOING TO KILL ME!!" and he began to claw my back harder as if he was trying to rip the flesh off, and he just kept screaming in immense pain...

when my brother got the lock undone, the man grabbed me, and attempted to put me in between him and Azareeal. My brother bolted down the walkway...and I was able to pull myself free from him...grab a slat off the picket fence, and thrust it in his chest to keep him from getting me killed. I ran out to my brother, whirled around, and see the old man stagger through the gate...and collapse on the lawn screaming and cursing "HOLY F-CKING CHRIST HELP ME!!! ITS EATING ME!" screaming bloody murder at the top of his lungs. The disturbing thing was...the dog wasn't there...nothing was eating him. His own hands were tearing the flesh off his legs and chest...

And my brother and I ran down the street, and kept running till we got to an intersection, he shouted that we should go right, and I asked what ever happened to the dog...and right on cue as we rounded the corner, Azareeal, about the size of a semi truck, bit my brother in half before he knew what was going on...and momentum just carried me on till I slid beneath his head...and got to watch his transparent jaws and teeth chew up half my brother and swallow him.

When it was done...it just stared at me...then walked off...and that was the end of the dream. Freakiest shit I've had to deal with in a while...
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love flying dreams, the kind where I can will myself to fly.

Makes me want to invest some time learning how to lucid dream.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Toomas: Naah, I don't think it's actual pain but when dreaming you're in a state of total suspension of disbelief and when the dream tells you it hurts you believe it hurts.

Redlemons: Hey, it was about a year ago that I got my current avatar and "Kill your parents!!!" is what it says! Can your mind read hex?
  • joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    I had a very weird dream last night. I usually don't remember my dreams. And I'm only reporting this dream here because, oddly enough, there were Polycounters in it. We were on a road trip, about ten of us, in a big white van and my mother was driving. Our destination was my old college and we were going there to make an indy film. That's not particularly weird- I studied film in college- but the rest is pretty strange. The dream was one of the most vivid I've had in years- the landscape was very convincing, everyone's faces were very clear and detailed. So you're probably wondering who was there. I was sitting in the back seat. Scooby and Gauss were in front of me. MoP was in front of them. I couldn't tell you what MoP looks like in reality. I think Poopy was next to him. Bearkub was next to me, but the resemblance to reality was slim (I've seen that pillow picture a few times). We were having a great conversation. I don't remember the other members, but I know it was Polycounters.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    Your Guys are really weird, smile.gif

Arco. Wow! hehe.

Good dream Joolz – I still recall that wacko dream I had way back about members and we had to disembowel a huge elephant and leave the ribcage and skin and bones intact. We were making an office for r13 and Rick S. was the crew foreman. Someone had the duty of replacing the eyes of the creature with jewels, & carving scrimshaw into the tusks. This was after wathcing Moulan Rouge too many times.

Recently I ran my knee into a storm window and center shattered the window. My knee is ok. I was being pursued by two ugly Amazon-like women who looked like a cross between a 7 foot tall Jessica Simpson and Carolyn Hughes (used to work for Bush).

About six months ago had a horrid knightmare an effigy of the UT mercenary female model had crashed into my room and grabbed me by the hair, which is funny cos I am bald. Anyways she was covered in partial armor and her fingers were all starved and to the bone showing in places. You could just feel the tendons and bones feathered in my hair n scalp. With a growl of demonic sound she said eat me boy eat me and she tried to thrust my head by her crotch and her crotch was just loose flesh hanging on bones. Somehow I paniced and wretched myself away and ran like the devil was at my heels.
    Then woke up and took a really long pee, I was all covered in sweat on my head and I recall checking my head for scratches……..