Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

somehting to pimp

Dark Bob
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Dark Bob polycounter lvl 18
Hey there polycount,
I have been away from for a bit but fear not you probably don't remember me in the first place smile.gif

Anyway I am going after a job in the video 3D/After Effecer world of production graphics. My portfolio has been slowly coming togather (rending everyting out nice and Globaly illuminated like.) But today I got most the the DVD menu done. The 3D element at the end is not done and it lacks music at the moment.

DVD_Menu

Hopefuly this will net me the job and I will have more time to hang out and talk 3D here at the best 3D site ever.
thanks to my brother for giving it a home on the web.

enjoy

Replies

• Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    I like how you dirtied up the font...wondering actually how you accomplish that. Cause it looks cool, and its a good start...but just wondering what the Menu is for (like movie theme etc) smile.gif
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Dark Bob, hmmmm somehow I remember that name wink.gif

Welcome back cool.gif

Cant view that DVD_Menu though, looks like I don't have the proper plugin for Mozilla on Linux frown.gif
  • Dark Bob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dark Bob polycounter lvl 18
    Illusions - the black inc effect was 67 hand made frames. I started with just a black bar then used Liquify in photoshop and very slowly, with a large low opacity brush "molded" the flows of ink downward. The white dot was done the same way. Then using After Effects I brought it all togather. The menu will take you to differnt parts of all the work I have been doing over the last 4 years. Simply my work on a DVD I can hand out.

JKMakowka- thanks is good to be back. The file is a quicktime I don't know if Mozilla and Linux support that. If you tell me what you can support I will try to get it renderd in that format.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    cool smile.gif

i think the white dot needs to move up quicker, and have that same bob the ship thing has afterward. The transition from the blob to full white is kind of slow, making the whole transition seem kind of boring.

You may want to leave the hand written segment up longer, i didnt know what it was and all i could see then was some photoshop filter. Its a cool effect, i think just needs more pop and punch to make it exciting rather than "oook, another demo reel..."

maybe play with how the button links transition in as well, they just seem to appear by fading, you could liven them up with a little motion, and sync it to some music for extra kick. The motion on the ship adds a ton of life to it, a little more motion in the other elements could really make it pop.

this is a cool idea, good luck to ya, just need to make it more exciting. smile.gif