Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Player Modeller Requested for Half-Life 2 Mod

Karuto
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Karuto polycounter lvl 18
Hello. My name is Zack Reese, the co-leader and co-founder of Oblivion Inc., and I am working on a Half-Life 2 modification. It is a single player (soon to be sin/mult) sci-fi hacknslash/gunplay game called "The Masamune Project." Here is a description of this one-of-a-kind mod:

“The Masamune Project” takes place in the far future. The aliens control the galaxy, and Earth is virtually nonexistent after a gargantuan meteor rocked its surface and threw it into oblivion. Space Stations have been set up for the remaining humans who had escaped to Mars before the explosion occurred, but they have been enslaved by the inhabitant aliens living on the red planet.

Word has broken among the elder aliens that there was a tale of a magnificent weapon that gave the wielder control of the universe with it in their hands. The ancients had once granted it to the first human, who they considered a god. Things took a turn for the worse when the man abused his newly established power, destroying any planet that challenged his command. Soon, all of the mutants banded together to overthrow this deviant, but before they could, the man used all of the power in his command to utterly tear apart the universe, therefore causing the chain of events that started the Big Bang.

You take the role as one of many young hopefuls who are out to find that hidden treasure that is Masamune, the ultramodern samurai Katsuhiro Yamaguchi. You appear on the planet Mokta where the weapon is rumored to be, only to find out the planet is gigantic. You must comb through every hole and every grain of dirt to find this ancient treasure and call it your own, to wield the power of the gods. Along the way, you will meet friends that will help you and enemies that will try to stop you from this adventure.

We also have some concept art available, 6 in all. We only want to show two here, just because it'd be sort of overkill to let them take up so much space :P Please check the forums on our web site at http://forum.projectmasamune.com for more, or even our Moddb page at http://mods.moddb.com/3645

water_18771.gif

water_18918.gif

(I apologize for the Moddb logos on the bottom right. They were posted on Moddb, so they became exclusive :S)

We are in desperate need of Player Modellers. We have none at the moment, and that has caused a rift in our development. We have concept art coming in, but absolutely no models to work with. If a real talented modeller would be interested, we'd be more than happy to have them join the team. If there's anyone out there willing to help, please send me an email at princemalcolm@msn.com with examples of your work and a little information about yourself, so we can become better acquainted smile.gif

To learn more, you can also ask for information at our website, http://forum.projectmasamune.com . Our flash site is currently being redesigned, so you'll have to visit our forums.

Thank you very much, and if you need any more information, like I mentioned before, please send me an e-mail smile.gif

Replies