Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Website pimp...

OverFlow
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
OverFlow polycounter lvl 18
Hello all. First time poster, long time lurker... Anywho, I'm just going to name drop MoP cause he seem popular around here. (for good reason smile.gif) He did a bit of work on the mod I've been working on for some time 'Tremulous'.

Back to the subject at hand, I've been modeling for about 1.5 years now and although I don't see myself wanting to get into it professionally, my sister has an old friend who used to work at 3DO and I think now works at discreet. So, we decided that I should put together a website of my work to see a bit 'where I'm at' and maybe consider this more seriously as a profession.

As far as the website, I'm pretty much done and don't feel like changing much. But if you guys have some good comments on the layout, graphics, or my work go ahead and I'll at least keep it in mind for the next time I do something wink.gif

My website and a link to the Tremulous website should show up in my sig if I've set this up correctly...

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    See, your battlesuit is 1000x better than the one I did. Great work dude!
    FIER
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Hey man, I love the site. Everything but the splash page at the beginning. Instead of having it load right to your header graphic just have it go to one of your pages (gallery, about, etc...). I'll use my site as an example: If you go to www.adambromell.com I could of had it like yours, where my head graphic is what you see first. Instead I had it go to the news page then the viewer can navigate from there. I've talked to a few professional page developers and they've all told me splash-pages aren't necessarily a good thing. Especially since most people who are checking your site are probably really busy. They'd probably prefer it if it went 'right to the point'...

Make sense?
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    very cool stuff, i just downloaded tremulous, i wish more people played it!