Home General Discussion

pop2 out

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
b1ll polycounter lvl 18
Yo, Prince of Poopsia2 warrior Witthin, is out today. Go buy it or not, I wont have my bonus anyway, since I quit ahah

nah seriously, Get it, Should be a fun game smile.gif

Second titles for me smile.gif

b1ll

Replies

• BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    Vassago has been playing it all day here in the office. It looks amazing. I know it’s going to suck my life away for a few days!

- BoBo
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I bought it last night wink.gif
    BoBo is sitting here behind me, drooling laugh.gif

Great work on pop2, b1ll - the game is amazing!
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Eh...I have yet to play Sands of Time frown.gif. It's one of those games that I just havn't gotten around to buying even though I want to play it. I heard that warrior within is basically a direct sequel. So I'd feel like I'm missing a huge chunk of the story by playing warrior within first.
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    Picked it up wednesday at lunch. So far I'm liking it a lot. Seems to be another beautiful PoP game. Good job. I'll be playing thru it over the weekend...that is when I pry myself from playing WoW. So many good games, so little time.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats b1ll. Loved the first one so I'll check it out.
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    Go on, post your stuff!

I've been meaning to grab this, the previews look really slick.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    It's PoP 5, not PoP 2. PoP 2's biggest feature was 256 colors onscreen.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    arf,Of course the codename was Pop5, But, It is beeing release as POP2, k thanks hehe

Yeah thanks guys, It was a fun ride working on pop2 I guess hehe

Yeah I'll try and post the stuff I did on it, Im not sure what I sent home before I quit tho ahah

b1ll
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    been playin it tonight b1ll, im having a shitload of fun with it, but i have wanted to throw the fucking controller about 100 times tonight.

framerates get kinda low in ps2, im guessing xbox handles it better though!

you've gotta be sick of Godsmack by now too... i was before i started playing pop2, and now im EVEN MORE sick of them wink.gif i get a sense of relief when the cool piano music comes on.

great game though, the chase sequences fucking rock. and the environments are gorgeous!! some wicked character designs too; reeking with a sweetass style. woo!
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    Ya, lol Godsmack hey. I still dont get it. I mean Ok, if they wanted some metal, they should of find something with an arabic touch or something, not Godsmack Lol, lame..

Ya, I heard the controlls were pooop hehe, And yeah framerate is mad too, Map are awsome, but optimise? nah. hehe

Ya, characters are allright, I could of do the proportions I wanted , but i couldnt, had to follow the wacky prince poportions ARF...

How's Dahaka , You've seen it yet smile.gif ! how about the AHAH

I love the SW, when u get there tell me!

b1ll
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Haven't played this yet. I'm still moments away from finishing PoP:Sands, and it's an amazing adventure.

What worries me is Pop2 has received some bad reviews. Like I said, I haven't played it so I don't know for sure, but these reviews are saying that Pop2 is lacking many of the elements that make Pop1 so awesome. I guess I'll see for myself in a couple days.

While I'm a big Godsmack fan, I don't understand why they included them in the soundtrack for this game. My fear is Ubisoft is pushing to make this game more "hardcore X-treme", and I'm afraid that will take away it's ability to age well with a larger audience of young gamers.
  • DaemonMagus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DaemonMagus polycounter lvl 18
    I've played the demo on XBox and I thought it looked good, and the gameplay was pretty smooth, but the whole thing about making the prince all hardcore seems kinda stupid. When I fought that girl on the boat and she slashes the prince in the face and he yells out "B*TCH!" it annoys me because it's so pointless.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    So the prince is actually meant to be understood? Fascinating. I didn't understand a single word of his in the PC demo.

As for Godsmack, yes, I like(d) the group but the songs chosen for PoPWW were among their absolute worst. I didn't like them when I first heard them, I don't like them in a game context.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    i love the Dahaka, its motion and voice rocks. the horns are great, its a really cool character, terrifying.

the SW is damn cool, i digs it.

i crashed the game once tonight.... grr had to backtrack quite a bit. i think the game was supposed to go into a cinematic, but i decided to rewind cause i jumped off a ledge. doh. it bugged out on me once earlier, to the point that i had to restart from the last save. Those things aside, im still loving it, even more so now!
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Hm, I'm none too keen on the new direction for the game. The actual mechanics and gameplay are still fun, but it seems to have lost a lot of what was really nice about Sands of Time, the atmosphere, the music, the general uniquness. I can appreciate that Ubisoft can't aford to have another of these games that fails to sell in spite of being really well designed and put together, but its all just a bit too generic now.

I'd be interested to know if part of the reasoning behind the switch had anything to do with the fact that you're playing a character who is from what is now Iraq. I guess the marketers would have been somewhat worried about putting forth an arab as a hero...
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, SW and dahaka end up pretty cool ingame;)

I dont think the switch as anything to do with iraq stuff, Were kanadian, we dont put that much thought in things har har har

The part that got bad reviews is the sound, because of the lame godsmack choice..
    The style while, u like or not I guess...

I had great fun making dahaka, less doing the SW , because i had to make it fit into the asslooking prince skelly.

Oh, and dahaka, when i first made it, he didnt have legs under the knee, because the smoke was suppose to be hyper dense.. It was cool.. lol

smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow. Who in the hell wrote the dialogue script for this game, and why is he still employed?

So far the graphics are excellent. At times, only suitable for mature audiences. The enemies opening cinematic shows her well rounded ass as she glides along seducing her minions (why!?). Marketing gimmick? Some of the game artists need more time with their girlfriends, or atleast a 5 minute bathroom break. Then there's decapitations....etc.

The game play is still the best feature. The fighting includes more choices, but the enemies are damn annoying. "Let's finish him!" Yeah, that line has never been used a million times. That leads to my next complaint.

Who wrote the script? Was it the same guy/girl who wrote pop1? The game is summarized with "Kill, Die, Time, You will die, Die, Die, Die, Kill, Die, Bitch (why would a prince of ancient times use this word!?), Time, Die, Kill, I'm not impressed, Kill, Time....time time time etc."

I finished Pop1 last night after dealing with a scratched disk error for weeks, and immediately slid in Pop2. Now that I'm past the ship sequence, I'm enjoying the game for what it was suppose to be. I'm mostly happy with the visuals, and gameplay. The annoying non-arabic nu-metal soundtrack pisses me off. The prince looks great, but the designs for the female characters don't.
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    Bought it a week ago and due to RL only got as far as the first crow-swordsmen.

So far very good like PoP1(or4?) I'm in total agreement with ElysiumGX's post -" The enemies opening cinematic shows her well rounded ass as she glides along seducing her minions (why!?)" realy, the metal-bikini that's all the rage with Game females lately, come on enough now. And how she cock teases the dead guys- like WTF?

Also Like most games I killed the sound track about 15min into playing. Nu-metal as in new? I not hearing the 'new'.

One thing that bothers me is the screen centric movement. It took me a long time to get used to it with pop2. I wish they had a toggle for body centric movement.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Nu-metal as in new? I not hearing the 'new'.

[/ QUOTE ]

nu-metal

Musical genre of the 21st century that has become wildly popular in the mainstream. Originally developed in the early 90s, the music features simplistic and repetitive melodies, no real lyrical meaning or musical direction, vocals that are off-key or monotone, absolutely no lead guitar playing, a value over image instead of musical talent and songwriting, and albums that include several “filler” tracks in order to sell better. A lot of bands have intentionally placed themselves into this demographic primarily for publicity and wealth. Nu-Metal craze seems to appeal among the suburban teens of America.

I'm questioning the reasoning of why there is no blend of old eastern style music within the game (like Pop1) to create an appropriate atmosphere...instead of the repeated series of bland distorted power chords?
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    because. godsmack is so powerful and their rifs are so driven that they were the perfect choice, obviously. (fuck, sarcasm on my shoe).

ive stopped playing it - got pissed of at (one of) the empress fights and havent gone back to it yet.